Chapter 7: The Sad Reality of the World

Many years ago, on an underwater island, a bull shark Fishman was born. His father, a Puffer-Fishman, was a famous chef among his peers. This would later inspire his son to be the same. Unfortunately, all good things come to an end.

The world is split into several parts.

1: The four Blues

2: The Grand Line

3: The Calm Belt

4: The Red Line

The Red Line is a massive land formation, hundreds of meters above sea level, as well as acting as a natural wall blocking the two halves of the world. On top of the Red Line, the World Government leaders live within a grand city, which some call the Holy Land. Underneath the leaders, are the World Nobles.

The World Nobles consider themselves above all races, even Humans. Because of this, some of them take people from their homes and turn them into slaves. They would chain a person down, and brand them with "The Claw of the Celestial Dragon".

One day, a family of the Nobles came to the island, all because their 5 year old daughter wanted a Fishman. She chose the bull shark, and was not taking no for an answer. His father tried to reason with the Nobles, and when that didn't work, he begged then not to take his son. But when that didn't work, he tried to fight back.

On that day, the Fishmen found out the girl was no stranger to a pistol.

The Fishman child, Pepin, would spend the rest of his childhood and half his teenage years in a public aquarium, forced to do tricks through dangerous obstacles for what little food they gave him. When he wasn't doing that, he had to carry the girl around like he was a horse. And when he wasn't doing that, he was forced to work in underwater construction sites with his own people. Men, women and children, all Fishmen, all slaves. Although he just wanted to die, he couldn't bring himself to end it all. And eventually, Pepin simply stopped thinking.

But, there was a glimmer of hope, Fisher Tiger.

In order to rescue as many slaves as he could, he scaled the entire Red Line with his bare hands, and declared war on the government

In order to rescue as many slaves as he could, he scaled the entire Red Line with his bare hands, and declared war on the government. In all the chaos, Pepin was able to get a hold of himself again, and was finally able to escape the Nobles tight grip.

Along with Pepin, a little girl named Koala was with the Sun Pirates, the group that Tiger was Captain of. It was clear that she had suffered more than he had, as she still acted like a slave when she was rescued, even asking the other Fishmen if they would kill her if she stopped working. Aside from that, they were all able to get along, exept for a certain saw shark.

One day, an unfortunate situation caused Fisher to lose his life, making Jinbe, a Whale Shark Fishman, the new Captain.

He and Arlong could never see eye to eye, and after a fight, the saw shark took as many loyal men with him, including the teenage Pepin, who didn't really know what to do with his life.

Arlong had a strict rules about Humans, but Pepin couldn't bring himself to harm an innocent, even though he went through so much. He was banished, and had to live his life as a wandering merchant, being able to collect valuables objects that fell off ships.

One day, while he was searching for things to sell, he saw a starving man on top of a large rock in the middle of the ocean.

He was apparently Captain of the Cook Pirates, but got shipwrecked. There was another person with him, but...

There was no animals or vegetation, and the height was too great to fish

There was no animals or vegetation, and the height was too great to fish. Fisher was unable to love Humans, but he wanted someone else to accomplish his dream of making peace with them. Without a second thought, Pepin took this man to a nearby island to be treated.

Once he was able to leave, he gave up his life as a Pirate, and became a famous chef of the sea.

So, now you know the story of Pepin's life. Everything he had was taken away at a young age. He was mentally and physically broken, and when it seemed that everything was back to normal, he was thrown out by his own kind. He now hopes that with the help of the Dark Soul Pirates, he can make the world a better place for all species forever.