Chapter 18: The Kingdom of Sand: Another Friend?

(Zant)"Huh, take a look at this."

Everyone looked at the newspaper Zant was reading.

(Zant)"Apparently, this group called Sok Laniziik discovered the identities of several Baroque Works agents and...took care if them."

(Nix)"I wish the papers would be honest and just say that they were all killed! But they gotta keep it tame for the kids, at least their 'Captain Pronin' comics are fun to read."

(Bui Bui)"That new one about a Marine Captain? Going on adventures and defeating Pirates? I love that one!"

(Zant)"Those are children's comics! Just how old are you two?"

(Mawgona)"I actually find them entertaining as well, even though they're basically propaganda against people like us."

(Zant)"Oh my God! If you kids wanna read it so bad, then here!"

He tossed the part of the newspaper that had all the puzzle games and comics. The comics weren't that long, only a couple panels long. But they somehow manage to pack in a decent fight scene.

(Pepin)"Ah shit, should've stocked up on supplies back at Viva-La-Vaego. We're out if food and water."

(Mawgona)"Really? I thought we still had another week's worth at the least."

(Barry)"Wonder where it all went?"

(Terry)"Yeah, a real mystery."

(Harry)*Loud chewing*

They each received a smack on the backs of their heads.

(Pepin)"You gluttonous imps! How are supposed to traverse a desert island with no water!?"

(Vivi)"Please, calm down! There's a big town near the port, we can buy more supplies there, then-"

(DDM)"Purupurupuru...purupurupuru...purupurupuru..."

(Nix)"Huh? Someone's calling, but who's got our number?"

(Mawgona)"It's him...*Picks up the speaker* Old man?"

(Omega)"Yeah, it's me."

(Bui Bui)"H-He's got a creepy face..."

(Omega)"So, from what you told my last night, you should be approaching Alabasta by now?"

(Mawgona)"Yes, I can see it in the distance as we speak."

(Omega)"Good, good. Listen, I was around that island, and I saw some Marine ships go in that direction."

(Mawgona)"They are? Bet it's Smoker again, and Luffy..."

(Omega)"And if Crocodile is really there, you should watch your back. He too has a Logia Fruit, one that blends in perfectly with the location. It also has another ability, but I forgot."

(Mawgona)"Don't worry, I know how to take on Logia Users."

(Omega)"Just making sure. Talk to ya later."

(12 Minutes Later)

(Nami)"Uh, Nix?"

(Nix)"Yo."

(Nami)"I was wondering if you could do something for me. You know how you made those two guns for your Pow-Pow Fruit?"

(Nix)"Uh huh."

(Nami)"Well, I kinda wanted to know if you could make something for me to use."

(Nix)"You want me to make a weapon?"