Chapter 21: The Cloud City

(Remember how the Iron Maiden can extend its legs? Well that's how the crew made it up to the clouds after an altercation in Jaya. I'm not gonna show every detail from now on, so you'll all have to deal with it.)

Everyone was at a loss for words, for they never expected to be on the same level as the clouds in the sky. Many would say that the birds are the only ones worthy of reaching such heights.

(Terry)"Wow, there's so much...white!"

(Bui Bui)"I never thought I'd get this high..."

(Nix)"I could always get this high, but it cost me 600 Beli to do it."

(Bui Bui)"..."

(Nix)"What?"

(Mawgona)"Strange, I don't see anything. I expected a small town or, something other than this."

(Zant)"Hey, there's some kind of entrance over there."

He pointed towards a large gate, with a "cloudfall" a waterfall made of cloud, behind it. The words on said gate were also covered up with a metal plate reading, "Qomorah's Kingdom of Music"

After reaching the structure, they were met with another odd looking person. In several previous chapters, he wore the uniform of Gohma's common soldiers, but without the helmet. His skin was just as white as the clouds, had a goofy smile,

and unlike the "horns" on Sakon's head, this individual's were round

He was fast asleep at a little desk, with several chip bags and coffee mugs littering his station.

(Mawgona)"Hello? Are you, the gatekeeper?"

??? *...wha-huh? oh, morning already...?"

His mouth didn't move as he was taking, which made the group think he was wearing a mask of sorts, yet nothing around his face made it apparent.

Maat *oh right, i gotta introduce myself. name's maat, maat the oozai.

(Pepin)"Oozai? Strange,I feel like I've heard it somewhere before. Particularly, the 'Ooz' part..."

Matt *anyway, you're all pirates, right?"

(Mawgona)"Yes, is that an issue?"

Maat *heh, that's hilarious. i'm actually supposed to be on watch for pirates, but uh...i don't feel like capturing anybody. now my brother, dremiik, he's a pirate hunting FANATIC.

(Zant)"That's fine and all, but how do we get past this gate?"

Maat *right, right. just give me 2 yuld and i'll raise the bars.

(Nami)"Yuld? I'm sorry, but we don't have that."

Maat *don't worry, *winks* this is why loopholes were invented. you see, 1 yuld is worth 2 beli, so if you give me 4 beli, that'll be the same thing.