Dreams

(Omega)"Here's a little something before we get to the Grand Line proper."

(The Iron Maiden: Midnight)

The gray skinned man woke up with a sharp gasp, he had another strange dream. It wasn't a nightmare, but something he just couldn't understand. He looked around the men's second of the room. Bui Bui was using Chopper as a living pillow, which didn't seem to bother the young reindeer. Pepin had fallen on the floor, but he was such a deep sleeper that not even falling on solid metal could wake him. Nix had half his body on his bed, and he snored so loud, it was a mystery how no one else could hear it. It was also very apparent that he talks in his sleep, and he says the strangest things.

(Nix)"...H...Hector, put...the gun down..."

Zant tried to go back to sleep, but the Explosive Human didn't help that. He got out of bed and made his way to the kitchen for a drink. When he got there, Mawgona was at the table, staring into his glass of whiskey.

(Zant)"Couldn't sleep either, huh?"

(Mawgona)"No, had that dream again..."

(Zant)"Wait, you have the same problem as me? That's creepy, like we got a spiritual connection or something."

He sat down and poured himself a glass. The next few minutes was spent listening to the rain outside, accompanied by the occasional clap of thunder.

(Mawgona)"...What do you dream of?"

(Zant)"Me? Well, it's mostly a blur, but it's always the same scenario. In the dream, I think I'm...a baby? Yeah, and there's a big green guy with a jewel on his face, as well as three other people. They all act like goofy idiots, and I hear laughter coming from what I guess is the younger me. Then, at the very end, I see a figure with a tail, and two purple things on both sides of his face. Then I wake up immediately after that."

(Mawgona)"Are these people anyone you know? Family, perhaps?"

(Zant)"Couldn't be, I was adopted by an old man when I was an infant, so I couldn't have been around those people. At least, I don't think I could..."

(Mawgona)"Well anyway, your dream is similar to mine, I also get the same one from time to time."

(Zant)"Really? This is seriously getting weird now."

(Mawgona)"I too am an infant, but the dream begins with me in the air."

(Zant)"The air? Were you carried by a giant bird it something?"

(Mawgona)"No, but I don't know what it is. It's not Human, but has some Human features. It has yellow eyes, and it's shaped like a tree. The leaves on its head were spinning like a propeller, like the ones you see on those new ships they're starting to mass produce."

(Zant)"That's odd."

(Mawgona)"After a few minutes, we land near a giant castle, and outside of it, I saw the strangest thing...me."

(Zant)"You? The hell are you talking about?"

(Mawgona)"Well, not me exactly, but someone who looks like me. The only differences were his red eyes, and that the right side of his body was entirely gray, you could see a line going down to the middle of his head."

(Zant)"Whoa."

(Mawgona)"There was also a woman beside him. She had blue eyes like me, and had long, blond hair."

(Zant)"Guessing that's your double's wife or something."

(Mawgona)"After that, things start to become a nightmare. The entire world stops, then shatters like glass. I'm now my older self, and I'm in a pitch black void. At first, I'm alone, but then I see hundreds of gray figures. They had heart-shaped heads, but no facial features. It fills my mind with unexplainable anxiety, like these beings actually existed not only in my subconscious, but in the real world as well. Then, there was the Heart."

(Zant)"Heart?"

(Mawgona)"above me, there was a giant ruby in the shape of a heart, like what a child would draw. It radiated some type of mystical energy, almost as if it was alive. At the very last second before I wake up, I here some kind of sentence, but I don't know what language it's in."

(Zant)"What is it?"

(Mawgona)"Rinik das, dii kiir. Hi fent kos gor wah dii suleyk, ahrk voth allies hi vorohah, nii uld kos korasaal wah vo volbur voduliik lost drun us daar lein. I've heard it almost every night since I was a kid, so I basically know each word by heart, but I still don't know what it means."

(Zant)"Think it has something to do with that stone tablet you should us?"

(Mawgona)"Probably, the words sound similar. I just wonder about those that couple...could they be my biological parents?"

(Zant)"Didn't you say you lived in the jungle or something as a kid? Maybe they died when you were just a baby, and you don't fully remember them."

(Mawgona)"I don't think either of them are dead. I can feel it, somewhere, maybe even in the Grand Line, my parents are alive. I just hope I can find them before my time here is up."

(Zant)"Yeah, it would suck to die without knowing how you began."

(Mawgona)"Don't you think about this, too?"

(Zant)"Not really, I just assumed they couldn't support me and left me at a doorstep, simple as that. Would be nice to meet then, I guess. But I've got more important things at the moment, you know how it is."

(Mawgona)"I guess you're right, this world is very big, finding two specific people you don't even know the names and faces of is as difficult as finding two specific grains of sand in a desert."

(???)

"...I got that feeling again, again. Like someone is thinking about me. Could it be...him? I wonder...no, that's not possible, possible. He's been dead for years....heh, hehehe...hahaha, HAHAHAHA!"