Chapter 8: Money Makes the World Go 'Round

Pepin sat up, his body still sore. He saw that his torso and arms were wrapped up in bandages, and the parts that weren't were heavily bruised. He was apparently in the doctor's house, as he noticed the old man treating a Human patient.

(Barry)"Oh hey, he's up!"

(Pepin)"Ugh...what happened?"

(Zant)"You almost died, remember?"

(Pepin)"Right, I...fought Arlong, alone."

(Terry)"And you we're gonna win, too! That guy was just a sore loser and threw a house on you!"

(Mawgona)"Arlong was too powerful for him, Pepin would've lost either way."

(Pepin)"Well damn, you don't have to say it like that. I got some good hits on him, didn't I?!"

(Mawgona)"That's true, but now's not the time for arguing. Right now, we have more important matters"

(Pepin)"Like what?"

He motioned over to three Marines, beaten and tied up near the door.

(Zant)"These guys were trying to take all the money that Nami hid, isn't that right?"

The man in the middle, Captain Nezumi, nodded his head.

(Pepin)"How the hell did he know about that?"

(Mawgona)"From what he said, Arlong has been paying him to turn a blind eye to what he's been doing for so long. He somehow found out that the hundred million Beli was buried under Nojiko's house."

(Barry)"And if this rat bastard took it, Nami wouldn't be able to get the village back."

(Terry)"And they say that we're the bad guys!"

(Pepin)"Wait, so that means?"

(Mawgona)"He was never going to keep his promise."

(Pepin)"That...That bastard! What are we waiting for?! Let's go get his ass!"

He jumped out of the bed, still visibly in pain.

(Zant)"Whoa, there! You're still injured!"

(Pepin)"I don't care! Arlong was given too many chances, but his luck has run dry today!"

(Johnny)"Brother! Look who's outside!"

It was Nami, walking towards the orange farm. He was now wearing a sleeveless t-shirt, allowing them to see a tattoo resembling a saw shark.

(Mawgona)"Looks like it's time to tell her the truth..."

They went outside, just as the girl saw the giant how where the bag of money sat. The SP Trio held the bag over their heads and dropped it in front of her.

(Barry)"Looking for this?"

(Nami)"...Oh, it's you guys? I guess you came to get your money back?"