Chapter 6: Arlong Park

(How the Iron Maiden works.)

If you were wondering how Nami was able to control Mawgona's ship without him noticing, here's how to operate it.

The ship doesn't have a traditional steering wheel, but levers. There are three main levers in a row located where a steering wheel would be. The first one on the left side makes the ship go back and forth, the right one makes it turn, and the middle one either extends or retracts the arms and legs underneath.

With each new crew member, the size of the Iron Maiden increases if Mawgona is certain that he has obtained a new member.

That's all for now.

(Back to the Story)

(Barry)"Zant's gonna be ok. We managed to grab some medicine and bandages, but we're going to need an actual doctor. Surgical staples aren't gonna hold forever."

(Mawgona)"That's fine, he'll pull through. I don't understand, why did Nami do such a thing?"

(Yosaku)"We just might know the reason..."

(Mawgona)"What do you mean?"

(Johnny)"Earlier, before Krieg showed up, Sister Nami noticed the wanted posters we keep around. Specifically, this one."

He took out a poster of a Saw Shark Fishman.

(Pepin)"A-Arlong?"

(Mawgona)"Do you know him?"

(Pepin)"I mean...of course, almost every Fishman knows about him! He used to be in a different Fishman Pirate crew years ago. After the Captain died, he took a few men and came here."

(Mawgona)"It sounds like there's more to that."

(Pepin)"Well...I used to be a part of his crew. Not for very long, however. As a kid, even now, I'm not like him and his men. I may be stronger than Humans, but I don't hold that much of a hatred for them. He threw me out, and I was on my own."

(Pepin)"Eventually, I found Zeff. He was stranded on a large to rock. He was down to the bone, he had eaten all the food he had from a shipwreck, he was missing a leg, and...there was the skeleton of a child..."

(Pepin)"I couldn't just leave him like that. I was able to jump onto the rock since Fishmen are such good swimmers, and I was able to get him to safety. We eventually opened the Baratie, and the rest is history."

(Mawgona)"I see. Do you have any idea of what he might be doing?"

(Pepin)"Before I was thrown out, he said something about conquering the East Blue, but it doesn't look like he's done it yet. He's only taken one island as far as I know."

(Terry)"We're here!"

(Mawgona)"Land on the other side of the island, we don't want any of Arlong's men spotting us already."