Chapter 4: How He Ate the Devil's Fruit

(Barry)"Lunch is ready, come and get it!"

Singlehandedly, Barry prepared food for the entire crew. Counting himself, there were 22 Shadow Pirates in total, and with Mawgona and his new friends, that makes 25 mouths to feed. Although they do not have mouth, food and drinks will be absorbed whenever they come into contact with their face.

(Omega )"Like this."

The meal they were all having was some grilled fish they caught, nothing more, nothing less.

(Nami)"Fish again? It's been three weeks, don't you get tired if it?"

(Barry)"Well sorry, but the Zai-Zai Fruit doesn't make us gourmet chefs!"

(Zant)"That reminds me, we'll need a cook if we're really going to the Grand Line."

(Mawgona)"I'm sure we'll find one somewhere. I agree with Nami, eating nothing but fish for breakfast lunch and dinner gets to you, I should know."

Mawgona was never the best at cooking. In his early years, he just ate whatever food he found bef-

(???)"HELP! SOMEBODY HELP US!"

On top a big rock in the ocean the Iron Maiden was going past, there was a man with a rectangular sword.

(Mawgona)"What's wrong? Were you shipwrecked?"

(Zant)"Hey, aren't you Johnny?"

(Johnny)"B-Brother Zant?! It's really you?"

(Zant)"Where's Yosaku? Aren't you two an inseparable team?"

(Johnny)"He's...right here. He's sick!"

The man named Yosaku was on the rock, bleeding.

(Mawgona)"Get him on board! What happened to him?"

(Johnny)"He was just fine like any other day, but he suddenly got real pale, his teeth started falling out, and he bleeds non-stop!"

(Nami)"Hey, little guys! There's some lines in the kitchen. Go squeeze the juice out, and give it to Yosaku!"

Two random Shadow Pirates ran to the kitchen, and came out with a big cup of lime juice, then proceeded to help the sick man drink it.

(Nami)"He's got Scurvy. If we're lucky, he'll be alright in a few days."

(Johnny)"I-Is that the truth, sis!?"

(Nami)"...Don't call me that. Anyway, Scurvy in the early days of sailing was a death sentence. It was caused by the lack of nutrients from fruits and vegetables. It was common back then, since ships weren't able to properly store them."