The Ice Court

Written by: Sin_lugar

Cover
At first glance it seemed okay but on a closer look, it just doesnt work. The woman is to hidden away, I'm not sure if the snow is meant to fade her out or not. It may go with your story, I just feel the colouring of the background and the woman clash together to much.
Also, I noticed that 'the' was in the 'O'. I'm not going to lie but it was hard to notice as the white colouring I'd clashing with the background. The background to me just seems to be overpowering the font which is disappointing. An author name is vital, it shows that you are the owner of the story and stops people from stealing your work because at the moment, anyone can screenshot and steal your work.

Summary
This is well written, no mistakes which is splendid. I like how you've added what is in the court. You've made it sound interesting. It makes up for the cover which is alright.
However, my only concern is the questions. To me, I honestly think you should tone it down. Perhaps you can do one question that entices the reader. Maybe this question: Will love distract Aelyn from her goal of destroying the ice court or will the court destroy her?
Try adding two questions together to avoid asking the reader so many in one go. One good question is just enough to make the reader want to actually continue on to read.

Chapter One
Ah dont put an author note at the beginning unless there's something that affects the chapter somehow. Try and keep them for the end.
First paragraph is lovely, it can definitely make your readers imagine it. Dont do the double space ('Carriage,  the') only one space is better see? ('Carriage, the')
Only one space is okay otherwise it's going to seem a tad bit jumbled which is something you dont want.
You say that 'the royal gardens were beautful' yet you dont describe it. How about a small description of it? Is there a variety of flowers, a fountain? What's in there?
Spelling error, you put 'blond' it's actually 'blonde'
Is there a reason why all eyes are on her?
You have a talent for describing scenes which is amazing. Why is she a threat? It would be really great to know who's in the throne room. Give us more reasons! Why were the council hoping for her to make a fool out of herself?
  So Dylan took his place next to his father? So is his father the king? If so how is he positioned behind him if he took his place right beside his father? Finally the reason whys she's here 
     Have your characters talk more. She doesn't nod or say anything to the king. You made it sound as if the king really had urgent matters to talk with her about snf then poof she's suddenly being sent to rest...huh? It doesn't quite add up.
Give us her thoughts on the matter.
Your a good writer, it just feels like you've rushed a few scenes. Add in stars to show it's a different part, or simply say later on. Good description on the library.
Why do men underestimate women? Give us an explanation. That was a bit random to bring Dylan in and then he's basically shooed away.
I dint intend to sound harsh but with the length of the chapter, it seemed as though it went on for ages. It honestly got to the point of boring me so be careful with the length.
You dont want to be short nor do you want to be long. Roughly in the middle is great

I wrote a review on chapter 2 and 3 aswell but I didnt fee like posting them in this as they are roughly the exact same as chapter one but if you would like them aswell. Please comment here :)

Overall
I throughly enjoyed reading this. There's a few minor errors and typos but they're fixable. You seemed to get more comfortable with your characters and plot further in with the other chapters. Which picks it up from chapter one. So well done on that! I also quite liked how the main girl is more talkative throughout the story. It's good to get to know her and how she interacts. I also really like the friendship between Austin and Aelyn. It really is a breathe of fresh air. There's not much I can say about the story apart from the fact that its well written despite English not being your first language. So you should be proud of yourself!! :))

Positives
Description
☆Author notes

Negatives
Cover
☆Spacing
☆Rushing

TIPS
Better description = more reads = more feedback = better book

●By not rushing, your work and writing will turn out better

♡Keep On Going!♡

7.5/10

Sarah