Chapter 2 - Lost

Kacchan tried to refrain from cursing to much in Deku's presence, seeing as he was now just an innocent child, not his rival. Izuku nodded, bouncing right behind him and grabbed his hand. He froze at the touch but instantly snapped out of it. If anything he didn't want to appear weak in front of the class.

No, he had to sustain the image he created for himself, no matter what.

The child hopped happily across the stone pathway along Kacchan, holding his hand tightly. Smiling up at him, not believing how strong Katsuki has gotten. I mean, yeah, he's always been strong! But getting into UA? It was their dream! Now they can accomplish their goal of being the Wonder Duo together! The symboles of peace and victory! Deku smiled widely at the thought, already fantasizing about what it would be like.

"You seem afwully happy for someone who doesn't remember most of his life" Kacchan stated.
"I'm just happy that I know we'll be hero's together! Just like we always wanted!" he exclaimed happily. Kacchan smiled a little as well, quickly shaking his head. Memories of his childhood flooded into his mind and he was unable to control his thoughts any longer.

He felt guilt build up in the pit of his stomach, remembering how he bullied and tormented his previous best friend just because he didn't have a stupid quirk. Yet he had, an amazing one, a quirk to be jealous about. All Might's quirk... One For All. A secret passed on from generation to generation.

Kacchan sighed, looking down on the small brocoli that used to be his world. 'If only he knew' the blond thought. 'If only he knew how I truly felt that day...'. He shook his head again, ignoring the invasive thoughts and combined feelings. He quickened his pace, dragging Deku along.

"Not so fast!" the smaller boy yelled, almost stumbling over his own feet.
"Right... Sorry" the older one muttered, avoiding eye contact by looking straight ahead. They were almost there anyway... He sighed, trying his hardest to forget the time he and Deku spend together when they were children. So many mixed feelings came to the surface when he thought back to that one particular day...

"Everything okay Kacchan?" Deku asked, looking up at his friend with curious big eyes. He blinked a few times, nodding, not looking down at the boy. How did he not notice he suddenly stopped?
"We're here anyway" he grunted, pulling the kid inside the partially collapsed building. Bakugou lead him up the stairs and to his old room, a room he didn't even remember. It was stuffed with All Might merch, typical...

Kacchan rolled his eyes as Deku ran inside, marvelling over all his action figures. He jumped on the bed and grabbed an All Might stuffie.
"I always sleep with this one!"
"Apparently you still do" Bakugou snorted, walking over to Midoriya's desk. His newest notebook laid exposed on top of the dark wood. Ironicly enough, it was about Kacchan's quirk and how his costume supported it. It brought a smile to his face, making him quickly shut it.

After that he opened the drawer, pulling out all his other notebooks. He grabbed Deku's bag and stuffen them into it.
"Anything else you want to take with you? We're not coming back for a while"
"This!" he smiled, holding up the All Might stuffie.
"Alright..." Kacchan chuckled, putting it in the bag.
"Now, the faster we get back, the better"

"Don't you want to take stuff from you room?" Midoriya asked, holding hands as they started walking again.
"It was destroyed in the fight. Besides, it'll be dangerous to try and retrieve anything from the rubble right now. I'll just have to wait to see what survived"
"Oh..." Deku whispered as they walked down the stairs together.

"Yo Bakubro! Done already?" Kirishima grinned as he waved at them from the bottom of the stairs.
"What the hell are you doing here?" Katsuki asked.
"We came with some others from the class to retrieve all the stuff we can, you know, since we'll be switching dorms for a while. Did you get Midoriya's notebooks?"
"Right here" Kacchan sighed, gesturing at the bag.
"Come on nerd, let's get you settled in next door"