Chapter 7 - Comfort

Bakugou had noticed Deku was crying and clenched his fists. He wanted to go over there and comfort him but he couldn't.
"What do you think he's crying about now?" Denki asked, following his gaze.
"What do you mean?" Katsuki asked.
"Well, he does cries an awful lot you know. Surely when he was a kid. Come to think of it, you really seemed to know how to comfort him"
"Tch, whatever"

"I wonder what they were talking about that made him so upset" Mina sighed.
"He really seems to be having some kind of emotional breakdown"

Bakugou frowned, looking back at Midoriya. They made eyecontact for a split second. Yet Kacchan managed to get a message across, eying the bathroom. He stood up with grunt, strolling over to the boys bathroom and walking inside. He expected Deku to be here any moment now so he checked to see if someone was there but it was completely empty.

Soon enough Deku ran inside, tears streaming down his face. Kacchan was quick to pull him in a stall and lock the door. He instantly hugged his boyfriend and rubbed his back. Bakugou sat down on the toilet once he pulled the seat down and pulled Deku on his lap, wiping the tears away with his thumps.

"Hey... Ssh... Don't cry. Tell me what's going on"
"T-they asked me about m-my father" Deku choked out and Bakugou already knew enough.
"I-I told them... They know I-I descend from a villain now" he cried, hugging Kacchan closely.
"You're nothing like your father, understand? You're the next symbol of peace for crying out loud" Katsuki muttered.
"We'll be the Wonder Duo when we're professional heroes, remember? Symboles of peace and victory? Our childhood dream?"

"B-but I'm the kid of a monster!" Deku cried. Bakugou knew how Midoriya thought about his father and thought it was rather strange Inko wiped away every trace of the man's existance in their lives. The whole neighbourhood knew about him being a villain and Izuku being his son. Yet no one knew who he was or what he did exactly. No one except for the Midoriya's themselves.

"I understand you see him as the bad guy Deku, but he's still a man, not a monster. H-he will always be your father. You just have to try and do better than that asshole"
"Y-you don't understand Kacchan..." he sobbed.
"Y-you don't know w-who he is..."
"Well, I know for a fact he can't possibly be worse than the League of Villains. Or All For One for that matter"

That made Izuku tense up, his heart skip a beat and his breathing stop. There it was. The name his father gave himself. All For One. The one he was destined to fight as he inherited One For All. The one that injured All Might so much he had to retire from the hero life. He'd brought countless of deaths with him, made so many people suffer... It wasn't hard to understand his family tried to keep it hidden that he and Izuku were in fact related.

"No one is worse than All For One" Midoriya choked out, anger rising within him. He tried not to show it but of course his boyfriend noticed the shift in mood.
"He really makes your blood boil, doesn't he?" Kacchan asked neutrally.
"You don't have to think about that bastard right now okay? Just wipe your tears and put on a smile. Show the world you don't care what they think. Show them that Izuku Midoriya is a hero, not a villain"

Deku nodded along with his words, wiping his tears away.
"T-Thanks Kacchan... I-I really needed to hear that"
"Hey, that's what I'm here for" he said with a soft smile, giving Midoriya a small kiss on his forehead.
"I have to get going. It'll be suspicious if I sit here to long"

He was right... Deku carefully stood up and watched how Kacchan left the stall.
"You can stay here for as long as you need to" Bakugou whispered.
"Take your time, okay? You don't have to force yourself"
"I won't, I promise" Deku said and forced a smile. Katsuki nodded and closed the door, leaving the bathroom.

Izuku took a few deep breaths, trying to steady his heartbeat and breathing. He wiped his tears away completely and walked out the stall, staring at his reflection with confidence.
"I'm not like my father" he said on a stern tone.
"I can be a hero"