Chapter 14 - Rescue

Izuku quickly slipped in his bed, the mist vanishing in thin air. His hair turned back into its orginal dark green and he let out a long sigh. He really pulled it off... He delivered the information to the other side without getting caught!

He'd seen Kacchan again... The blond wasn't taking care of himself, Izuku noticed. He was probably worried about him... 'Cute' he thought with a small smile. He'd take extra care of his explosive boyfriend when they were finally together again. When he and his mother were free from the grasp of All For One...

He closed his eyes, exhausted. Using his newly optained quirk was tiring, that's for sure... Mostly mentally, since he had to hold his focus all the time. His body on the other hand didn't really seem all that affected. This was his quirk after all, the quirk his body was build for.

Maybe that's why he improved quicker than All Might had calculated? Because his body was build to use the quirks of others? He would analyse it later.

Now he just needed sleep... But the morning came way to early for his comfort, making him groan and turn around in bed as his alarm blared through the room. He shut it off and sighed, slowly dragging himself out of bed. He noticed he slept in his regular clothes since he crashed almost instantly when he came back last night. He quickly changed and walked to the kitchen, grabbing some cereal and milk.

It was his favorite brand, something All For One had arranged. Only the best for his heir... It was funny how they'd been trying to brainswash him with their kindness. Like they actually believed this would convince Deku to care and switch to the dark side.

"Good morning sweetie" his mom greeted him.
"Morning" he mumbled, kissing her on the cheek before he started eating.
"Didn't sleep well?" she asked, seeing the bags underneath his eyes.
"Nah, it's fine" Izuku yawned and gave Inko a small smile.
"I've pulled it off"
"Y-you...what?" Inko whispered in shock.

She knew Izuku had tried to escape since the moment they arrived here. That he had observed everything and everyone. But she didn't know he had an actual plan or found a way out yet.
"I managed to go outside" Midoriya said under his breath. He knew he had to mask what he said, seeing as they were watched almost every single moment.
"I made my move, now it's their time to make theirs"
Inko understood and smiled.
"That's great Izuku"

After that not a word had been spoken about it and they chatted about trivial stuff before Deku left for his daily lessons. He walked through the now already familiar hallways towards the training grounds, only to find his father waiting for him. He swallowed as he entered the room and the door closed behind him.
"I-I wasn't aware you would train me today" Izuku said.
"I changed your shedule so you'll be spending more time with me" he reacted, turning around to face his son.

"We'll start on seeing how far you've gotten with using quirks of people you are familiar with and are close by"
He dropped a pencil on the ground and looked back at Izuku.
"Use your mother's quirk to pick it back up"
"Okay, here goes..." Deku muttered, stretching out his hand towards the ground, focussing, but not to hard.

All For One didn't need to know he could use his mother's quirk already. It was a weak one, easy to control. Nothing to complicated, not compared to One For All. Midoriya released a breath he was holding when the pencil finally fell into his hand.

"Very impressive... It seems as though you are a very quick learner. I should expect nothing less from such a strategical mind as yours"
"W-what do you mean by that?" Izuku asked, feeling like he'd been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.
"You really think I haven't noticed how you observe before you act? How you analyse everyone's quirk, understand it and its weaknesses. You've been doing that all your life. Your mind subconsciously seeking out quirks to take over"