Chapter 16 - Execution

"Alright, first match is-" Mr Aizawa sighed, checking his cards.
"-Oh, this is an interesting one. Todoroki versus Bakugou"
"Uhm, are you sure that's such a good idea sir?" Uraraka asked as the two boys walked to their possitions on the training field.
"They can get a bit...competitive"
"The better. They'll give it their all" Aizawa stated.

"But sir, Midoriya is watching" Kirishima added.
"Neither of them is going to give up when he can see it"
"Like I said, they'll give it their all, and so should you. Now shut up and watch the match"

Deku was sitting safely in the stands next to the battle grounds, surrounded by his notebooks. Recovery Girl had scolded him for wanting to leave the medical ward too early but he'd promised her not to fight. Instead he was here to analyse their fights and strategies so he could study them.

"Hi Deku! Mind if we join you?" Ochako asked, sitting next to him.
"Oh hey guys" he smiled.
"Sure, go ahead. I just need to be able to see the battle"
"Alright! Enough chit chat, you two can start" Aizawa stated, taking a step back, off the field. Todoroki opened strong, like he always did, and shot a blast of ice towards Bakugou. Kacchan predicted it and already jumped with the help of his explosions.

As he floated mid air, he pointed at Todoroki, squinting his eyes as he aimed. 'Damn, this is harder than it looks' he thought, concentrating his fire power to his fingertip. Todoroki's eyes widened as he realised what Bakugou was trying to pull off and he was able to rise an ice wall just in time to catch the explosive bullet. Katsuki cursed as he landed, sliding backwards due to the force of the impact.

Deku squealed, holding his hands in front of his mouth. Kacchan had used it! He used the finger guns Izuku thought off for him!
"That's new" Kaminari stated.
"Since when does he do that?"
"Don't know, never seen it before" Kirishima answered as Midoriya quickly started writing in his notebook.

Meanwhile Katsuki was firing mercilessly at Todoroki, breaking wall after wall while walking closer.
"I kinda like this concentrated fire power" Kacchan grinned, now close enough to blast Todoroki's face. Unfortunately for him, the halfa used his other side, creating a fire barricade between them.
"I won't lose to you, not again" Todoroki stated, shooting his ice, blasting Bakugou away.

Katsuki managed to stay within bounds and groaned, holding his chest. That fucker!
"Todoroki is using his left side" Momo said in surprise.
"Well, he is giving it his all. They both are" Mina smirked.
"All for little Midoriya over here!"
"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?" Deku asked.
"Isn't it obvious?" Uraraka laughed.
"They don't want to lose in front of you. Your opinion on them matters a lot to them"
"R-really?" Izuku asked, taken aback by that statement.

He looked back at the fight, seeing they were now fighting hand to hand combat with the assistance of their quirks. They both looked beat but neither was giving up. Izuku was scribbling down notes furiously while the others just observed the fight.
"Who do you think will win this?" Iidia asked Midoriya.
"Depends" Deku muttered.
"Could be a draw for all I know..."

Suddenly Kacchan used his finger guns at close range, shooting Todoroki in the side. He followed up with a high kick in the fresh wound, making the dual quirk user fly back, holding his side in pain. He slowly lifted his hand, it was covered in blood...
"You shot me..." Todoroki whispered, glaring back at Bakugou.

"Todoroki, are you able to continue the battle?" Aizawa asked, making him sigh.
"No..."
"Bakugou is the winner of the first match! Ashido, bring Todoroki to Recovery Girl"
"On it!" she exclaimed, running over to him and helping him up.

"It worked! I knew it would be super effective" Deku smiled to himself, writing everything down.
"What do you mean?" Kirishima asked.
"Wait... The finger guns were your idea, weren't they?"
"Yep!" Izuku smiled, proud of himself.
"Argh, how can we ever win if he has Midoriya in his corner?" Denki groaned.