Chapter 6 - Confessions

Midoriya was plainly confused, staring at the paper in his hand. He slowly unfolded it and started to read the carefully worded sentences. He recognized Kacchan's handwriting but still couldn't believe he wrote this. Tears started forming in his eyes as he read, the first one rolling down his cheek as he read the final paragraph.

And at last, his signature... Your bestest friend for ever... Kacchan... Deku cried as he smiled at the letter. Kacchan...liked him... He liked him! H-he remembered their friendship break-up... He regretted it...

"Kacchan likes me" he whispered, but it still sounded so unreal. He folded the paper, holding it close to his chest while smiling like an idiot, tears rolling down his face. This was something he'd been waiting for for years! But how to tell Bakugou he felt the same? He couldn't just burst into the dorm and confess his feelings. Kacchan was sure to murder him in that case!

No, he had to do it delicately... In a way no one else would know. Midoriya knew Bakugou had a hard time showing off his feelings. Yet he always managed to read them like an open book, even through his violent tendencies. Maybe he wasn't so sure anymore the last year but this confirmed it. Kacchan likes him! He really does! Deku still couldn't believe it! He wanted to tell someone. Uraraka maybe?

But he knew he couldn't. First of all, she would definitely tell the whole class. And secondly, Kacchan wouldn't like it. He entrusted his feelings with Midoriya, poured his heart out through this letter. He trusted him and Izuku would not break that trust. He quickly put the paper away and walked back to the dorm, making sure you couldn't see he had cried.

"How did it go? Bakugou stormed off with Kirishima the moment he came back" Ochako stated as Deku entered the dorm. Everyone stared at him, awaiting his answer.
"Uhm I-I wanted to ask him if he remembered anything from last w-week! Y-yeah! Since I-I turned back during the fight and all a-and I saw he was turned into a little kid and w-we were suddenly in the woods and stuff..." Midoriya stuttered out nervously.

Uraraka squinted her eyes but stayed silent, believing it for the time being.

"So you don't remember anything either?" Momo asked.
"Too bad, you two were adorable together"
"W-we were?" Midoriya asked nervously.
"I have pictures" Todoroki stated.
"And video. You want me to show you?"
"S-send it t-to me please" Izuku choked out.

"Say Midoriya, you never told us you once thought you were quirkless?" Denki asked, throwing an arm around him. Mina now also very close in his face.
"Is that why Bakugou was so angry at the start of the year? Because he thought you didn't have a quirk?" she asked.
"I-I was a very very late bloomer" he forced out with a small smile.
"So we heard" Denki smirked.

"A-anyway..." Midoriya whispered, pushing them out of his personal space.
"I-I'm going to my room, see you guys at dinner!"
Izuku ran off, unaware of the fact Kacchan was totally freaking out about giving him that letter and Kirishima tried to calm him down while laughing and squealing himself. Deku ran through the hall, stopping at Kacchan's door. He could hear them talking very clearly and blushed at the conversation.

"No you don't understand Kiri! I stuttered! I fucking stuttered! I looked like a fucking fool and now he'll certainly laugh with me!"
"That's not what kind of person Midoriya is Bakubro! Just have some patience. Maybe he even likes you back huh?"
"I doubt it..."

"Come on! Where is that famous Bakugou charm? The confidence?" Kirishima tried.
"It's gone okay?! I-I just don't know what to do! H-how can we even fucking face each other after this? I should've never wrote that stupid letter!"
At that moment Izuku decided he had heard enough and knocked on the door, which slightly opened at his touch. So that's why he could hear them, the door wasn't shut...