Chapter 5 - Letter

It's been a few days and the teens finally managed to get some authority over the two boys. Apart they weren't such a big deal but when together... Oh boy, you don't even wanna know... Right now they were playing video games with the other guys, screaming and shouting at the screen. The girls were all up in their rooms, gossiping and making each other up. It was a relaxed afternoon, like one of many. The culprit still wasn't caught and a lot of the students began to get bored.

"Say, isn't Midoriya due soon?" Kirishima asked out of nowhere. They all looked at each other and at said child.
"It's been a week, hasn't it?" he continued.
"Didn't all the other victims turn back after a week?"
"I guess it can happen anytime now" Shinsou shrugged.

Yes, hero course and general studies had officially bonded. Well, kind of. But they didn't hate each other anymore so that's something right? Let's just hope that peace lasts when Bakugou is back to normal...

"What do you mean?" Kacchan asked confused.
"We're saying Midoriya will turn back soon" Kaminari explained.
"To a teenager, a hero in training"
"B-but I don't want to lose my friend!" Kacchan cried out.

"It's like he knows once they're normal again, they won't even be looking at each other anymore" Todoroki muttered, not loud enough for the kids to hear.
"Maybe it's his subconsciousness?" Kirishima suggested.
"Nah, that would mean he actually wants to be friends with Izuku" Kaminari snorted.
"Like that'll ever happen"

Kiri frowned, looking away at the two boys who were racing each other in Mario Cart. He wasn't allowed to tell them how Bakugou truly felt about all this. Besides, they didn't get to finish their conversation earlier when he was downsized. Kirishima feared that once Bakugou turned back to normal, all those loose emotions would surface again. He had to make sure no one was around to see that or Katsuki will murder him.

"Oi! Kiri!"
He blinked a few times, looking back at the group.
"Everything okay?"
"Y-Yeah! Yeah, totally fine! Just...thinking, that's all" he chuckled, scratching the back of his head.
"Guys, where are Bakugou and Midoriya?" Todoroki asked, pointing at the now empty space.

"This is a disaster!" Iidia shouted.

"Chill out dude, it's not like they could've gone far" Denki said, stretching as he got up.
"But we better go looking for them before they can"
And with that they all started turning the dormitory inside out, eventually getting the girls involved because they still couldn't find them. Nobody thought they'd go outside, since they've always told someone since the beginning.

Yet, they were outside, strolling through the woods at the edge of the campus.
"We can't stop it from happening Kacchan... You heard what they said" Deku sighed.
"But I don't want to lose you!" Katsuki yelled, tears forming in his eyes.
"You won't lose me! I'll still be here! And if you grow big again, we can be heroes together!" Midoriya smiled.
"Y-you promise?" he asked.
"Of course I promise! We're the bestest of friends after all" Izuku smiled, making Kacchan hug him tightly.

"I-I overheard some people talk a-and they said we don't like each other anymore. That's not true, right? We'll always be friends!"
"T-they said we aren't friends anymore?" Deku whispered in shock.
"So that's why they've been giving us those weird looks..."
"But we are friends, right? Promise me we'll still be friends when we get older" Katsuki demanded.
"Of course Kacchan! I love you! I would never ever do that to you!"

"How heartfelt" a voice chuckled, slowly clapping as he walked in sight from behind a tree.
"But I'm afraid you two shall perish before that time comes"

He fired some kind of beam at them and Bakugou quickly countered it with his quirk, making them both fall over. Groaning, Kacchan sat up again, before getting pulled down by Deku when another ray hit right above their heads.
"Go get help, I'll hold him off" Bakugou stated, standing up and facing the enemy.
"B-but Kacchan-"
"Go!" he hissed, glaring at his opponent.