Chapter twenty-two: Coronation day part 1

Chapter song: Lorde- Royals

I've never seen a diamond in the flesh
I cut my teeth on wedding rings in the movies
And I'm not proud of my address
In a torn-up town, no postcode envy

But every song's like gold teeth, Grey Goose, trippin' in the bathroom
Blood stains, ball gowns, trashin' the hotel room
We don't care, we're driving Cadillacs in our dreams
But everybody's like Cristal, Maybach, diamonds on your timepiece
Jet planes, islands, tigers on a gold leash
We don't care, we aren't caught up in your love affair

And we'll never be royals (royals)
It don't run in our blood
That kind of luxe just ain't for us
We crave a different kind of buzz
Let me be your ruler (ruler)
You can call me queen Bee
And baby I'll rule, I'll rule, I'll rule, I'll rule
Let me live that fantasy

***

Lisa Vanderpump's POV
-----------------------------

Getting to know Damien's parents made me feel at home and loved and I'm glad Damien took me to meet them before the coronation tommorow, which i am very nervous about but Shirley assured me she'd be there tommorow morning to help me get through things. The coronation was basically like my wedding. Except i wouldn't be wearing white and I'd be marrying responsibility and the whole werewolf community with my dashing mate on my side.

Never in a million did i think i would be queen. I'm definitely not queen material but i am determined to make the queenship Lisa material.

"You okay, you've been awfully quiet" Damien asks me.

"Yeah, I'm just thinking" I tell him and look at Amber sleeping peacefully in the back seat.

"About" He asks me.

Damn it he's nosey.

"A lot, the coronation tommorow, my dad being at the palace, sleeping in the same roof as him is not comforting at all, you know i just got comfortable being in the palace and being the mate of a king. Finding my mom and the prophecy, a lot is going on and I'm just tryna figure out my place in all of it and I've been feeling this rage, i swear since my dad and my siblings and all of the people from my previous pack arrived, I've been like a ticking time bomb waiting to explode at any given moment and that Alpha Willam guy is not making me feel at ease".i tell him.

"Well, you know what tommorow after the coronation, your dad and everyone else that came with him, will be leaving and everything else will go back to normal not that anything in our lives is normal but you'll feel at ease, we should perhaps go for a run when we get home, so you can blow of some steam, you haven't shifted since I marked you and when you're a lycan you need to shift on a regular basis because of the power we possess you have to create some sort of balance of between your lycan and your human side" Damien explains to me.

"That makes sense" I tell him. "I wanted to ask, whose Adrienne" i ask him and he stiffens.

"Adrienne is my mom" Damien says avoiding eye contact with me.

"Wait, then who did i just meet" i ask him very confused.

"My godmother and aunt, Shirley is my mother's sister and Tom was my fathers Beta and best friend, my parents died when I was about 11 and Amber was 2, Shirley and Tom took over the throne until i was of age and basically raised us as their own" Damien explains.