1.0 || Unconditional

Park Jeong Hyeon wanted to blurt out a thousand more questions, but the white-attired woman also put her palm on top of his and the purple-attired man's clasped hands,

"My name is... ." She paused; there was a light crease on her forehead, as if she was thinking carefully about merely a simple name. Then she shrugged lightly, "My name is YuLan."

"And I am Lei." The purple-robed man squeezed his hand reassuringly, "We mean you no harm."

Park Jeong Hyeon, despite already more than half-convinced that the two strangers really did not mean him any harm, lightly frowned with doubt,

"... Why am I here?"

"James." YuLan's lips were tugged in a slight smile. Her soft eyes were oddly comforting, as if she knew what had happened to his whole life, and the injustice towards his end, "The real truth might be too much to understand, but I just want to ask one question: are you really alright to die just like that?"

Park Jeong Hyeon's throat tightened. Despite how he was now feeling healthier than could be, he was suddenly reminded of his disease, his helplessness, his friend's fake kindness, his wife's lies... .

"James, do you want to live?" Lei asked softly, his voice carried warmth and temptation.

"Do I want to live?"

"I... of course I am not ready to die." Park Jeong Hyeon's voice was barely intelligible as he choked.

"But what good would it be if I live again... . I don't think I could face the world again, having lived my whole life like an idiot."

"And to see those two again, would just add insult to the injury."

Anger surged through his mind, reminding him of two certain people's conversation before his death. He had been played a fool. Even if he were to stay alive, what good would it be? Despite his anger, he would probably still concede to Kim Hee Na's whims, because he loved the twins like his own children.

People had always told him that he was 'a nice person. Too nice'. Perhaps, that was their way of saying he was too much of an idiot. Although being nice to Kim Hee Na was a mistake, he still would have chosen to be responsible for the twins' upbringing, for as long as they need him.

Nonetheless, he was still regretful to have wasted his youth and his life for people that should not matter. He had placed his faith and affection towards two people that kept taking what he offered, without giving any in return, and fed him lies.

The only thing that had given him a bit of comfort was that, his will stipulated a legally binding order to utilize his set-up trust-fund for the twins only. Kim Hee Na would be able to withdraw a fair bit of sum from the trust for herself, only if she were to make sure that the twins would have proper tertiary education. After the children were to finish their university in the future, whatever was left, were to be distributed amongst the two. Park Jeong Hyeon's lawyer would then release a small fund that had been set-up for Kim Hee Na's use.

He had actually made the will based on his lawyer friend's advice. He initially wanted to put all his assets in Kim Hee Na's name, but the lawyer convinced him to put it under the children's names instead. Having taken notice that Kim Hee Na had always been too wasteful in money spending, Park Jeong Hyeon followed his friend's advice.

After all, it was not just once or twice that Kim Hee Na returned home from a shopping spree, with a haul of thousands-of-dollars worth of designer handbags or dresses. She said that they were gifts from her celebrity friends whom Park Jeong Hyeon had never gotten acquainted with. It was true that she was a campus flower during their university days, and had even gotten offers from media and entertainment companies. Her pregnancy made everything redundant though, but apparently a few of those influential people were still in contact with her.