1.6 || Unconditional

"How can an eighteen year old kid be in danger in a high school graduation party?" JamJam cursed while maintaining his running pace. His sole destination was the school.

By this time, YuLan and Lei were also running – or more precisely, very rapidly flying – by his side.

"As soon as Gil decided that he wanted to develop a deeper bond, the lump of malice was triggered into eruption," YuLan explained, which might very well be not an explanation to JamJam.

JamJam understood that malice was a concentrated form of previously humans' souls. They were not ordinary souls as well – these were all the ugliness that ever existed in humans: greed, jealousy, hate – all the unfinished ambitions and negative emotions, solely aimed to satisfy only themselves and cause misery to others.

These souls would normally undergo punishment and purification in the underworld, governed by the Hell King, before they were able to enter the reincarnation cycle.

The Seer – YuLan – was tasked to monitor the Endless Water, where souls of all living beings in the three thousand worlds were guided from their past lives to the next. However, the previous Seer committed a grave mistake, causing the Endless Water to be unguarded, prompting the malignant souls to be able to escape to the three thousand worlds.

As the souls were no longer organic, the deities could not actively seek them out. They would know a malice's existence only if the latter decided to show itself.

For once, the trigger that had just happened in this world, had apparently put Gil in danger.

The two deities that kept him company since he was a puppy were useless anyway. They could not physically hurt anyone in this world and their power could only be used on JamJam – because they had a 'bond'. The only cheat he had was to be able to eat human food. JamJam was not granted any superpower.

And in this world, he was just a dog.

"But this dog will make anyone who intended to hurt Gil wish that they were never born."

*** *** ***

One of the few things he was grateful for being a dog, was that he had a keen sense of smell. Probably keener than he could ever imagine, he seemed to be able to sniff Gil from a few miles away.

He quickly followed his nose towards a gymnasium building located at the far end of the school ground. The school had a few gymnasiums for the students' sport use. The dance party was held at the biggest gymnasium and the soccer field attached to its wing.

JamJam could faintly hear faint laughter and songs from a distance – where the party was still, no doubt, in full swing. However he was focused on the plain looking building.

JamJam smelled blood.

The large door was only slightly ajar, but enough to hide whatever was happening inside from any person that might got close. JamJam squeezed his body inside as he was unable to push the heavy door to open any wider. He quickly found who he was looking for, but the scene he saw made his blood run cold.

In the middle of the gymnasium floor, faintly illuminated with moonlight from outside through windows, Gil was sprawled. His suit was already torn in various places. His hair was messy and the amount of blood on his face clearly showed that he had been beaten black and blue.

The teenager did not exude his usual aloofness, nor could his youthful handsome face be seen in his current state.

But what made JamJam angriest was that the two people pinning him down, trying to remove Gil's pants from the person. Gil could barely resist, his weak punches at the two assaulting teenagers were only met with mocking laughter from their surroundings.