1.9 || Unconditional

"Gil, we have been trying to find that man for more than two years," Tara Scifa rolled her blue eyes in exasperation.

"I know, but we have not utilized Roan's jurisdiction," said Gil, as he idly flicked through various company reports.

It might be unfair, but the twenty-one-year-old Gil was already managing several companies under his belt. Of course, it was not possible without the Scifa's power, as well as the backing from the second household, to put him in one of the top seats. However, it was even more impossible if Gil himself was not capable.

Those companies' shareholders were initially full of doubt to have a young kid, a fresh graduate, to have votes in the board of directors. The Second Master supervised him in the beginning as well.

Gil had never made a single mistake. Soon, the other smaller directors and managers threw their hats off for this talented youth, who could very well be the behemoth of the Scifa family in the future.

Besides, with how the Second Master had been nurturing him, and how Tara Scifa had been tailing him to no end, everyone could already see the two parties merging in the future.

"Roan Scifa is out of bounds, you know that," Tara stiffened. She really did not want to go against her distant uncle.

She had been lying low during her younger days, pretending that she was just a simple pretty, slightly dumb teenager. Unlike Abe Scifa, who flaunted his power and arrogance every chance he could, Tara bide her time. Just like her father, she gave the impression that she was not someone anyone should worry about. Just like her father, she was more critical towards other people.

The moment she knew Gil, she liked his personality.

The moment she knew that Gil Scifa was in the same family tree, albeit distant, she knew where her future lay.

It was normal for the Scifas to marry their relatives. At one point, Abe Scifa and Tara Scifa's union was a big possibility.

"I guess I owe that man too," Tara remembered the current Abe's predicament, "If Abe's still fully functional, then it's harder for me to break away from First Uncle's proposal to marry us both."

She wanted to vomit in her mouth as soon as she thought of that future.

Looking back at Gil, she smiled, "This man is perfect. He's gay as well, so he's perfect."

"Although Roan's power lies in the shades, we don't lack power as well," Tara pointed out, "It's pretty unbelievable to not be able to find one person in this country with the connections we have. What makes you think you'll be able to find him through Roan's?"

She added, "It's like that man has vanished into thin air, ever since that night... ."

Gil sighed as he thought of the same thing. Tara Scifa, despite her chattiness, always managed to give a voice to what he was thinking.

Not being able to find James... , that was Gil Scifa's biggest fear. Every month passing by without being able to know, was a torture.

"James... ," Gil murmured, then frowned, "JamJam... ."

For some reason, whenever he thought of James, he inadvertently thought of his dog as well. Probably because they both had licked his nose? As stupid as that sounded.

"JamJam went to the toilet, don't you remember?" Tara answered Gil's non-question, "But then again... it has been a while since he left... ."

Tara's thought was cut short as the door to Gil's office room was suddenly kicked open. The man who had just barged in was holding a gun.