1.4 || Unconditional

"What do you think?"

"What do I think?" Yulan raised her eyebrows, "If I didn't know any better  or just heard about this from you, I would think that the whole family is as craycray as the existence of malice."

JamJam sighed, "I think there's an eighty to ninety percent guarantee that Gil is Roan's son. And if he is, will he just turn a blind eye that his wonderful aunt and grandfather are the ones that have caused all this mess?"

He was referring to how Lana Scifa had admitted to him of the Old Master's crime and her silent consent behind it.

"Why is his life like some dog-blood drama?"

YuLan nodded and was about to say something. However, the two's focus was suddenly interrupted by Lei, who had just walked through a solid wall. JamJam's fur puffed involuntarily in surprise, then he snorted,

"God damn it! Stop walking through walls! Why didn't you just teleport here, rather than constantly giving me a scare!"

Lei merely frowned in confusion, "So if I materialize out of thin air in front of you, you'd be less surprised?"

The Shiba Inu did not have any words to retort back.

Lei added, "Besides, teleporting uses more energy. And I already teleported to the Scifa mansion before, and I actually teleported back to this house. How could I guess that you're not where you were this morning? I teleported to the kitchen." 

They were currently in Gil's bedroom. In Gil's absence, JamJam was currently the king of the youth's single bed.

"Why didn't you feel YuLan's presence like usual? Don't you have a better nose than my current form? Usually you'd be able to track her anywhere!" The Shiba Inu rolled his eyes, sprawling himself on his back lazily, letting the pair of deities feast their eyes on his white belly, his private dog part and his two balls. If he could throw them both his middle finger as well, he totally would.

Lei took a deep breath and squinted his azure eyes, fixedly looking at the arrogant dog. For some reason, JamJam soon felt some static in the air. Every inch of his fur stood up and he swore the air crackled with electric current.

"Lei, please be patient." YuLan softly touched Lei's hand.

The static feeling and the buzzing sound immediately disappeared. JamJam gulped nervously and reminded himself to not banter with the Sky Deity in the future. He forgot that Tian Lei was not a very mild-tempered Pikachu.

"Anyway, how did it go?" The cute Shiba Inu immediately sat properly, putting up his best behavior, "What did you find?"

Lei pursed his lips, "I heard you mention about the probability. Make that one hundred percent. The Scifa's just received the genetic test result back from the lab this morning."

JamJam and YuLan sighed together.

"There's something amiss here," YuLan mulled, touching the tip of her nose, "I should have been able to see Gil's thread of soul the moment I saw him, but it's been very vague. I can't really see his fate either. Hence, I believe there's someone – or more – that is actually a malice in hiding in this world. It distorts the threads of soul of people around its presence."

"If I can choose, I want Abe to be the malice. I am itching to bite that kid." JamJam snorted.

"Well done, James." Lei widened his eyes in wonder, "You're losing your human traits each passing day and have definitely gotten used to being a dog!"