2.21 || The Prodigal Young Master

Yang Wenbao opened the path for his soldiers and Lieutenant Yang, finally managing to get inside the fort.

He looked around him and saw a number of barbarians. They were distinctly different from Great Wei citizens, possessing a bulky body and bronze tanned skin, easily a head or two taller than Yang Wenbao himself. There were no women in sight. But then again, in times of war, women were rarely involved in battlefields.

The barbarians surrounded them but did not attack. Yang Wenbao stood silent, himself and his men were in the middle of the encirclement. Great Wei soldiers, although the majority of them were young, had been tempered in battles and possessed courageous bearing. None of them looked anxious despite the current entrapment situation. A soldier saw Yang Wenbao carrying a round object in his arms. When he managed to get a closer look, he visibly stumbled.

Because the group of soldiers had grown close to Yang Wenbao, they had addressed him with familiarity since weeks ago. However, the soldier was still disgusted with what he had seen, "Brother Yang... . That... what...?"

What was Yang Wenbao thinking? Cradling a bloody Dafuq's head close to his chest with such care? Had this Young Master lost his marbles?

Yang Wenbao seemed to not have heard the soldier's concern and calmly scanned his surrounding. Only he himself knew about the raging storm inside his heart. He wished to obliterate everything around him at this very moment. But there was one person he would never forgive.

One of the barbarians wore richer attire than the others. When one said 'richer', it just meant the person wore more animal pelts than his bare-chested subordinates. When he opened his mouth to speak, one could smell his bad breath from a mile away, "I'd never thought Great Wei could give birth to such great warrior such as yourself." There was a hint of appreciation in his eyes, "Western Jia would love to welcome such a man. If you're interested... ."

Yang Wenbao did not want to have anything to do with this nonsense and sneered, "Haven't you already had a mighty man from Great Wei already? No one could be mightier than this mighty person. Although considering your poor comprehension of language, you probably mistook 'despicable' for 'mighty'."

The barbarian leader was not dumb and he laughed, shifting his gaze towards a certain person amongst the encircled Great Wei soldiers. Yang Wenbao did not wait for him to single this person out and walked towards the lieutenant who had been maintaining his silence, "Still feigning ignorance?"

As soon as he said this, while still holding onto the bloody head, he lifted his blade and hold it against his uncle's neck.

Lieutenant Yang was caught off guard and did not manage to get away, but he still bellowed furiously, "Are you crazy? Men! Yang Wenbao has decided to join the barbarians and has betrayed our Great Wei!"

The barbarian leader and his men did not budge and maintained their relaxed stance of watching a good show.

The soldiers from Great Wei were immediately split into two factions: Yang Wenbao's comrades who still placed faith in him, despite being confused; and Lieutenant Yang's men. The soldier who had noticed the head earlier walked closer to Yang Wenbao, only for the latter to pass on the head to him. The man flustered but did not dare to drop the hairy ball.

"Look carefully at the face behind the hair!" Yang Wenbao ordered him, inching the blade closer to Lieutenant Yang's neck, drawing a thin line of blood. The soldier frowned and did as told.

The face behind the dark hair had also grown hair on its own, but the hair was not as thick to mask the original facial feature. It was undoubtedly human. More so, it was a face he knew well.