2.14 || The Prodigal Young Master

Yang Wenbao kept repeating Tang Zhiming's words that he had heard earlier. Although he initially thought Sheng's cryptic words were gibberish, through Tang Zhiming's revelation, it had become a convincing revelation. Yang Wenbao was unable to rest that afternoon. If part of the divination really referred to himself, then Zhou Yequan comprised the other part.

He was worried about Zhou Yequan.

Yang Wenbao circled around the table inside his room, "The blind dragon... ."

If he were the treasure, then what did it mean by saying Zhou Yequan and himself would be able to lay old dissent to rest? And did it mean Zhou Yequan would become the new Emperor in the future? Would the dormant dragon awaken because of Yang Wenbao's existence?

"And the matter of Daemons... ." It was already his sixth circle around the table.

Tang Zhiming thought Sheng's divination about Zhou Yequan and Yang Wenbao had something to do with the existence of monsters - Daemons - in this world. The monsters that had always been content living in the western and eastern lands had begun to be spotted at Great Wei's territories more often. Yang Wenbao also knew that several casualties had occurred, and he himself had to fight the mutated animals on his way to Cloud Peak temple.

In this sense, he was inclined to believe Tang Zhiming's deduction. Yang Wenbao possessed a tiny portion of the Sky Deity's power and he was able to kill or purify those Daemons. Perhaps, that Sheng guy had some skill indeed.

After having been incarnated and transmigrated over two lifetimes, as well as knowing a weird pair of deities, Yang Wenbao really had to believe the impossible.

After his boots practically cleaned the circular area around the table, Yang Wenbao glanced outside the window. The sun had begun to set slowly over a faraway pagoda, casting a reddish hue across the normally green mountain range.

"Regardless if the divination was true or not, it does not change the fact that I have promised to be Zhou Yequan's tutor. I must keep my conscience clear and ask him what he wants." Yang Wenbao mumbled to himself, "If he still wants to learn under my tutelage, for whatever reason, then he must write his submission to the temple. If he doesn't want me to be his tutor anymore... ."

"...... ."

Not wanting to think about the other alternative, Yang Wenbao decided to seek the Seventh Prince.

Fortunately, the temple grounds did not contain any maze arrays and the buildings were pretty closely located to each other. Yang Wenbao already knew from Tang Zhiming where the Imperial Family members were being accommodated at, thus he hurriedly and stealthily made his way there.

Truthfully, Yang Wenbao really did not have to be secretive about it and could probably meet the Seventh Prince if he announced his intention properly. However, he just wanted to meet Zhou Yequan and Zhou Yequan alone. If he announced his arrival at the Imperial Family grounds, he would need to pay a visit to the Fifth Prince and the fourth Princess as well. For some reason, he felt reluctant to entertain anyone else.

Fortunately, in this world, he had not slacked off in his martial-arts training. Sneaking around the imperial guards turned out to not be too much of a difficult task, especially when he utilized the roofs. When he spotted a familiar looking elderly eunuch walking past a stone garden, he knew he had found the right spot.

Zhou Yequan's personal old attendant was accompanied by another two younger eunuchs, each carrying a tray of meal boxes. They entered a small building. Yang Wenbao believed it must be Zhou Yequan's assigned quarter at this temple.

"Ah. It must be dinner time."

He waited behind a gabled roof of a small prayer hall. From what he knew, Zhou Yequan hated to be waited on by his attendants when he was dining.