3.16 || My Dream, Your Truth

Truthfully, Nathan King had more things to worry about than a few teenagers' infatuation.

Not only he had been busy from filming ['Scourge'], promoting the movie through advertisements and interviews, he had also been busy defending himself against some hoodlums lately.

His Node was regulated and maintained by his managers, therefore he hardly saw any negative comments on it. Cynthia and the others had censored and curbed a lot of his anti-fans who tried to splash dirty water on him. Years ago, when he had just started to get famous, a lot of this anti-fans expected him to do some misconduct and even fabricated a few pictures to get him into scandals. Even after the disruptive one night in Bare Island, these group of haters disappeared as quick as they had appeared because of his efficient managerial team.

On top of all that, Nathan King had always lived cleanly. Even amongst his peers in BlazeEnt, he was dubbed a monk, incapable of passion or lust. The pictures taken of him and his peers were always congenial but not intimate; it was enough to fuel people's imagination, but not enough to brand him as player.

Yet, for some reason, he had been getting a lot of hate mails lately, and not just on his Node.

Celebrities' residential information was top secret. Fans who wished to send support and gifts generally sent them to the entertainment company instead.

Yet, a few hate mails, even some bloody ones, had turned up in Nathan's physical mailbox.

Once or twice were still alright, but when a rusty knife with sticky dark matter accompanied one of the letters afterwards, Nathan decided to have a talk with the building security. The building had a couple of mail rooms, and postmen had to obtain clearance from the security to access it. Moreover, Nathan's residence was one of the penthouses and clearance towards his mailbox was stricter than the others.

He greeted the security personnel, who he was sure he had not seen before. It must be a new employee. The new security guard did not seem to know his identity, but he knew people who lived in the building were not common folks. Thus, the man did not try to make things difficult, especially when he saw one of the letters. It was a simple one page white paper, but the two words on it were as though it had been written by blood: "STAY AWAY!". Even the fishy smell still lingered, despite the color already turning brownish.

The both of them reviewed the security footage for the past few week, especially when the old security guard was still working. Nathan knew, the culprit would not be able to gain access to the mail-room without his cooperation. Soon, they found what they were looking for. It was a footage from roughly about two weeks ago. Nathan hardly ever checked his physical mailbox as most of them had been directed to BlazeEnt's headquarter.

The security guard, "Ah, this guy is suspicious! Postmen would wear a formal uniform, but look at this man! Black hoodie, black cap, all black outfit! Tsk! one look and you can tell he's not anyone decent!"

Although he felt sorry towards Nathan's plight, he was ecstatic as well. To be a security guard in this kind of building was a well-paying but boring job. Hardly anything exciting ever happened.

The person in the footage carried a box, which he handed to the old security guard. True enough, the door to the mail room was opened electronically, from a centralized control panel only the security guard would have access to.

The footage switched to the mail room. Although Nathan's mailbox was partially out of view and one could not see if the person actually put something in it, he was already completely sure this person was the person behind the hate mails.

"Would you like to check more footages?" The security guard asked him enthusiastically. Without waiting for Nathan's affirmation, he turned his cap backwards like a hooligan himself, before proceeding to pull up records from days and weeks before this incident on his computer, "Let's see if we can find a few others!"