3.10 || My Dream, Your Truth

Because of the unfavorable weather, the second week tasks were carefully chosen to be tame. In other words, it was mundanely boring. The only challenge was to identify the correct plants after they had been soaked in mud and water. For Nathan's group who was tasked to collect flowers, it was painful.

Although the rainfall throughout the days was not big, it was constant; the sky drizzled since the crack of dawn until sunset. The flowers had almost all wilted, making it difficult to spot colors amidst the mud, and to retrieve the correct ones. The previously bright red striped lily was mistakenly picked as weeping red bride flower; the willowy orchid was mistakenly picked as sleeping butterfly bloom, etcetera.

Needless to say, his group's points started to plummet.

On the third day of yet another flower picking, the girls from Bubble became more than restless. Although the first week's tasks was considered harder, with their capable team leaders, they belonged to the winning groups. Now, because of the rain, their points tally had rolled downhill.

Halfway through the day, they came across Rolan's team, who had been similarly drenched from head to toe.

"What's your mission again? Ghost Chameleon?" Rolan frowned, "That's bizarre. We have never had the same collection task before. But my team precisely have to find five Ghost Chameleon as well."

Nathan looked at the sample photo of the flower in Rolan's hand and compared it to his. It was definitely the same flower. He could only assume, "They probably want us to start competing?"

Ghost Chameleon was a bell-flower. However, true to its name, its color tend to match its background. Even if held against one's hand, if it had not died yet, it would turn into skin color in a matter of few seconds. Also true to its name, its dropping petals had peculiar characteristics of two red dots, as though they were eyes. Fortunately, the bright red dots were pretty conspicuous and did not change color as the rest of its body.

But in this rain and hazy weather, it was still hard to find this particular flower.

Rolan discussed with his team members, as well as Nathan, "The task guide I received said the red dots of the flower would be more prominent at night. Apparently the flowers are the nocturnal type and the eyes would glow in the dark."

There were gasps of astonishment from all around them. Nathan frowned instead, "Are you planning to search at night then?" After all, the task for collection would run for a couple of days. However, more than that, he was concerned about Rolan's words.

Ren was the one who voiced his inner thoughts, "Senior Nathan, we... our task guide dis not say anything about the night characteristics... ."

Knowing the flower to be glowing in the dark would undoubtedly make the task easier, but as Ren had said, the task guide their team received did not have this information. Yet, Rolan's task guide had been graciously provided with one. Did the producers give this handicap because Nathan, as the team leader, amassed too many points in his first week?

Rolan thought the same thing, "They probably don't want you guys to collect too many points." But there was another group who had less points than Rolan's, did that group get a hint as well? Nevertheless, Nathan could not check it, as they were not around.

"Nevertheless, If I can't find any until night time, I'll just skip this round," Rolan said, "They can deduct my points however they wish. I'm not going to be in this kind of weather during night time. Ugh~!"

*** *** ***

Rolan Kato's Babies voiced their agreement through their Nodes, cursing the TV producers to the eighteenth hell.