2.7 ||The Prodigal Young Master

Yang Liyuan had slept like a log as soon as they arrived at their appointed room, so he was awfully chirpy the next day. Even his steps, that were somewhat limping the previous day, were robust and firm again. Yang Wenbao could even spar a few moves with Yang Liyuan, although the latter seemed to frown in pain when Yang Wenbao managed to put him in a grappling lock.

Fearing of injuring his surprisingly delicate older brother, Yang Wenbao ceased their play and decided to borrow some books from the academy's central library instead. He was engrossed in the historical books for quite some time. Although Marquis Yang had privately schooled him in all matters pertaining to Great Wei and its history, the academy kept not only records of the nation, but other regions as well.

To the west, was Western Jia, a land dubbed by Great Southern Wei as 'barbarian land.' The elements were harsh in Western Jia, and the inhabitants were even harsher. The people living there were descendants of exiled criminals. How pitiable that even after many generations, the descendants could not still have good lives for their own. Wars were strife and bloodbath was the norm.

To the east, was an unnamed land. No one who had ventured there ever returned. Rumors of beasts that feast on human flesh were rampant, and no one wanted to confirm this rumor after many disappearances of brave souls who had gone towards the east.

To the north, was a nation as fertile as Great Wei, Bei Sui. In fact, the two countries had a tacit alliance, especially since Consort Han entered Great Southern Wei. Bei Sui and Great Wei were separated by a sea as vast as several cities, that it made the two countries keep to themselves for most of the time. In fact, it was quite rare to see northerners in Great Wei, and most possibly vice versa. What was well known from Bei Sui was, the northerners were avid wanderers of the sea.

Mulling over what he had just learnt and found that this ancient china-inspired world was quite interesting, Yang Wenbao walked back to his quarters. That was when he heard crashing sound from within his room. He was immediately concerned about Yang Liyuan and immediately opened the room door.

Yang Wenbao blinked, and took two steps backwards, and closed the door.

"What ^!@% did I just see?"

A chuckle, then a voice that contained laughter, was heard from inside the room. It was not Yang Liyuan's voice, "Younger brother-in-law, this is your room. I am the one intruding and I deeply apologize."

Then Yang Liyuan's voice, "Who's your brother-in-la- Arghh! Bu Ji(1)!! Shameless!"

The other voice again, "Yes, yes, if my Yuan'er said I am shameless, then I can only be shameless for Yuan'er only... ."

"Although I am very worried about Yang Liyuan, I seem to have seen something that I should not have seen?"

"But... he's not in danger... I don't think?"

Suddenly Yang Wenbao understood why Yang Liyuan had been limping since yesterday. He sighed and decided to save his older brother. He knocked once again, giving the other party time to get decent. However, all he could hear was muffling sounds, grunting noises, and... Yang Liyuan's moans?

Yang Wenbao finally opened the door and was immediately greeted with an obscene scene that he had already witnessed briefly before. It turned out, the stranger that was tightly holding Yang Liyuan in a hip cradle, was not intending to get dressed at all.

Although Yang Wenbao could not see the two people's lower halves, because the stranger had his back towards the door, and Yang Liyuan's body was mostly obscured by him, Yang Wenbao was not a moron beyond help that he did not know what was happening.