1.

Monroe's P.O.V

I just drove round Manhattan, trying to clear my head. So many thoughts were going round that I felt like I was drowning in my own mind.

I dialled the one number that I knew would make me feel at ease. Her voice echoed through the speakers in my car. "Where did you go, Roe?" Concern laced her voice as I heard her getting into a car on the other end of the line. I took a few breath, my voice raspy as I relied. "I'm sorry. I just couldn't stay there. Too many memories."

I heard Kat sigh on the other line. "I'll meet you at your place in ten." Before she hung up the phone. She always knew what I was thinking without me saying anything. She wasn't only my best friend, she was like a sister to me.

Kat came into my life when I was nineteen. I was in a bad place after pretty much everyone had left me in the space of two years. But she worked in the same club as I did which is where I met her, instantly hitting it off.

Pulling up to my house, my stomach dropped, sensing something was wrong. It was dark but I noticed immediately that the front door was slightly ajar. Getting out the car as silently as I could, I approached the house. When I opened the door, my eyes landed on three men. Two of them were stood beside the other who was sat in the arm chair.

"Ahh, Miss Winter. Wasn't expecting you to return from the party so soon." His thick Italian accent spoke with humour as he rose from the chair, slowly approaching me. "Capo has ordered your collection immediately. So we must be off." He started walking towards the door but I didn't move.

"Excuse me?" I questioned sternly. "Do you really expect me to follow you after you just broke into my home?"

He chuckled before turning to me. "You can stay here if you want, it's not my problem. But some very bad people are about.." he glanced at his phone before returning to the conversation "four miles away from here. So you can stay and wait for them to kill you, or you can come with us so your chance of survival are higher with the Capo."

Normally, I would be panicking that these men wanted to take me somewhere. These men I didn't know. These men who gave me a bad vibe.

But I wasn't.

For some reason I felt like I should trust them. So I did. I followed them out of my house where Kat was pulling into the drive. I watched as she practically flew out of the car and came running to my side. "Where are you taking her!?" She commanded to the men, their reactions catching my attention.

They looked..intimidated?

I shook it off and listened intently, not actually knowing myself. The large man cleared his throat, "Capo wants the girl. She's not safe here. They're coming for her, in fact they'll be here in minutes. So are you coming or staying here barbie?" The man spoke to Kat, providing her with the ultimatum.

She rolled her eyes before placing her hand on my arm. "I'll catch up with you. Just do me a favour and trust them. I'll explain everything to you soon but you need to leave. Now. I'll bring some of your things too." She spoke rushed, panic flooding her eyes.

Before I had time to fire questions at her, she was ushering me into the black SUV, speeding away from my home.

I'm so fucking confused!

Kat acted like she knew these men. In fact, she clearly knew more than she's letting on. I had so many questions but the guy sat in front of me didn't seem like the kind of person I wanted to ask.

So I sat in silence.

I sat there, observing my surroundings as we headed out of the city and towards a large estate, with a massive mansion situated inside the grand gates.

My mouth fell ajar, truly taken back by the beauty of this house. Although its beauty was soon overrun by a sea of men and women geared up in black attire, running in and out of the building.

I was too busy taking in my surroundings that I didn't notice the car door opening, revealing another male. Only this time, he stood wearing a navy button up, the sleeves rolled up and his chest slightly exposed from the buttons left open. His dirty blonde hair was styled perfectly, with a few loose strands falling to hug his chiselled face.

He smiled warmly at me as I stepped out the car. "Miss Winter. It's a pleasure to finally meet you!" He said sincerely as he held out his hand.

Finally?

I shook his hand anyway, confusion still evident on my face. He chuckled at my expression. "Don't worry too much, Tesoro." He released my hand and stepped to the side, indicating that I should enter the large building.

As soon as I stepped in, I was hit with the bustling sounds of all these people conversing with each other in a rushed way. The same way Kat spoke to me. "This way, Miss Winter." The guy spoke, making me roll my eyes. "Please, Monroe will be fine."

He chuckled once again and led me to an office. "Monroe it is then. I'm Lorenzo by the way." He spoke that last sentence as he opened the door to a grand office. It screamed authority simply from its layout.

Lorenzo cleared his throat, gaining the attention of the man looking through a cabinet. His back was facing me but I could see tattoos peaking out his shirt, travelling up his neck. He had thick chocolate hair which was slicked back with product. The tensed muscles on his back tensed with every movement he was making. As I was analysing the man in front of me, I noticed a scar behind his left ear.

Why was that so familiar to me?

"What do you want, Lorenzo?" The deep voice boomed through the room, his back still facing us. His words laced with an Italian accent, making it sound powerful.

"You have a guest."

And with that, Lorenzo left me stood in the doorway alone. The man slowly turned round to face me.

And in that moment, I had never been so bewildered. None of this shit made sense to begin with but this!?

His emerald eyes pierced into mine as his face remained emotionless.

"Roe.."