34.

Leo's P.O.V

I took the box from her and knelt down on one knee.

"Amore, I've been thinking about this day for a long time. But I've never thought there was a good enough moment. In fact, I nearly proposed six times now. But then I realised every moment was a perfect one as long as we were together and happy. And I am happy. I'm the happiest I've ever been. You've allowed me to feel things I didn't think I was capable of feeling in this life. And, although it scares the shit out of me, I don't think I would've survived without you by my side."

She looked at me teary-eyed as a tear slipped down my cheek.

"And you've given me the greatest gift, these two little babies. And hopefully more in the future. I want my future to be you and our family. You're my everything and I swear to you that I'd do everything in my power to make sure you live your life with nothing but happiness. I left you for seven years thinking I was keeping you safe when all along you lived with the monster. But I wasn't keeping you safe. If I was, I would've never left. I never want you to feel so broken and alone again. So I promise you that I will sell an organ if i had to in order for you to be the best version of yourself. Because I know you make me the best version of myself without even trying."

We were both crying at this point as I pulled the ring out the box.

"So Monroe Avery Winter, will you do me the greatest honour of all and marry me?"

She nodded her head violently as tears sprung from her eyes as she gave me a passionate kiss. Pulling away, I slipped the ring on her finger as we kissed again, revelling in the moment. This right here was all I ever wanted and I couldn't imagine my life without Roe by my side.

The next morning, we headed down to the kitchen for breakfast as everyone else was in there already. I made sure everyone who didn't know Monroe was pregnant stayed in the other end of the house to prevent anyone seeing the growing bump she wore.

Everyone looked up at us smiling as Monroe went and made herself a decaf coffee, one thing she hated about being pregnant. This woman lived off the stuff and she hasn't been able to drink it since she fell pregnant.

She handed a cup to Kat, Kat dropping the glass onto the floor with wide eyes. I instantly went over to them worried, but Kat didn't say anything. Monroe looked just as confused as I did, as well as everyone else in the room.

"What. The. Fuck. Is. That?" Kat muttered out as she looked at Monroe's hand. Me and Roe burst out laughing as she looked at the large ring on her finger. "This? Oh yeah I'm engaged. No biggie though." Monroe said as she sipped her drink as everyone gasped.

The silence was broken by Kat's scream. "FINALLY!! Oh my god this is amazing! I've never been more excited to see a ring!!"

Noah coughed purposely. "Umm, what about when I proposed? Or, i don't know, when we got married? You remember that right, the big even not even a month ago?"

We all laughed as Kat rolled her eyes. "I remember. And that was amazing. But Leo fucking Valentino is getting married!" Leo chuckled as he wrapped his arm round my shoulder. "I was always going to get married Kat, and I was always going to marry Monroe. Knew that since I was fourteen."

Monroe's P.O.V

I blushed a deep shade of red as everyone laughed. We spent the morning talking all things babies and weddings when Leo's phone rang. He looked down at it and smiled, "just my father."

He answered the phone and his smile instantly disappeared. "Where? When did this happen? Okay we will be there as soon as we can." And he hung up the phone, his hands shaking.

Noah stood looking just as worried as Leo gave him some look. Whatever it was made Noah freak out immediately. Leo pulled out his phone again and made an announcement on the intercom system which was spread across the house.

"Code Red. Gear up and meet in the lobby in five."

I started to panic as Leo came running back to me, placing his hands on my shoulders. "There's nothing to worry about.." he said in an alarmingly calm tone. "We're just going to leave, ok?"

My eyes widened, knowing trouble was coming our way. "Leave where? What's happening Leo!?" I yelled as he sighed. "It's your father. He attacked one of our bases in Italy last night. My father went there this morning and saw everyone dead. There was a note saying he's coming for them." He said as he looked down at my stomach.

Dread flooded me as I clutched my stomach. "Get me the fuck out of here then.." Was all I could say as we rushed to grab some things and loaded them into the car. We were heading to the private air strip where the jet was waiting for us. Leo said we needed to go to a safe house for a while, sounding like this was his plan all along. He knew this was coming.

"Okay, I want a fleet with us as we drive there. No one gets near our car, Okay!?" Leo barked as all the guys chanted that they understood. We sat in his blacked out porche. "Leo.."

I didn't even have to say anything. And from the worried look in his eyes, he felt it too..

I was scared.

For the first time in this life, I was scared. Because it wasn't just me I had to fight for, but there was two innocent babies inside me too.

The car sped off out the estate, four blacked SUV's in front and four behind, with two on the left and two right. We were truly caged in which made me feel more safe.

That was until Noah spoke over the phone which was connected to the speaker in the car..

"Unknown vehicles coming up behind. Three white Lambos."

Looks like they'd found us. Let's just hope our guys hold them off long enough.