24.

Monroe's P.O.V

I was ready. Leo had quickly briefed me on what to remember. Things like...

- remember the guns aren't real, but the pain mirrors that of a bullet wound.
- be alert all the time
- observe my surroundings at all times.

He gave this massive rant about being safe and smart. Honestly I zoned out. I had to get my head in the game. This was important for me. It's what I wanted. And I sure as hell am going to fight for it.

"Two minutes. I have to go, amore." Leo spoke lowly, stroking my hair. "Kick some ass, okay?"

I chuckled and grabbed my gun. "I was planning on it." Leo smiled at me before going to the hall where everyone was watching from, leaving me by the doors alone. The digital clock on the side counted down.

10, 9, 8..

I took the safety of the gun they gave me and held it towards the doors to the warehouse as they slowly opened. Walking in, I was met with complete darkness as the doors slammed shut behind me. I placed the glasses on which Leo handed me and turned them on, allowing me to see in the dark. They were also providing the others with a view from my perspective.

The goal was simple: find the navy key in the control room to get out.

The only problem was, this place was fucking huge and full of people trying to shoot me. My first thought was to look around and try to find another way to get upstairs without someone seeing me. That's when my eyes landed on part of the wall that I could climb to get on the beams above me.

Taking one quick glance around, I climbed my way up the wall using cables and bars sticking out the wall. Pulling my body up onto the beams, I looked around once again and saw the room I needed to get to on the other side of the warehouse. It was surrounded by people guarding every staircase, shining flashlights around.

Okay, so they don't have night vision like me. That's something I can use to my advantage I guess. I picked up a rock from a be next to me and silently climbed towards the control room. Stopping above them, I threw the rock to one side of the warehouse, making all their flashlights point in that direction. I heard them barking orders at each other to go and find me, leaving only three men guarding the control room.

Throwing one last item near the men, i grabbed my gun from its holster and aimed at one of the guards. Praying the gun would be silent, I shot one of the darts at him, hitting him right in the heart. He dropped to the ground and grunted in pain, pulling out the dart from his chest.

Before the other men had chance to notice, I fired two more, hitting them perfectly in the chest too. I hopped down silently from the beams onto the platform which the control room was on, pointing my gun at them as a warning not to move.

Entering the room, I looked around for a while for the key. Finally, I found it but it was locked in a glass box embedded into the wall. I knew the only way to retrieve it meant making noise which would alert the attention of the other guards.

Guess this meant I'd have to fight up close instead. I picked up a jacket that was draped over a chair and wrapped it round my fist. "Okay..here we go." I whispered before lunging my fist into the glass, shattering it. An alarm blared through the entire warehouse as I picked up the key quickly and sighed. "Well fuck." I muttered, tucking the key into my jacket as I picked up my gun.

Heavy footsteps could be heard approaching the control room I was in. Looking round, I saw there was a filing cabinet next to the door. I stood the other side of it so, when they entered, I'd be out of sight.

The door flung open as guys flooded the room, looking for me. I took a deep breath before aiming my gun at them and firing, shooting three of them in the chest. Another man came in, firing at me but I roundhouse kicked it out of his hand before shooting him.

As more men entered the small room, I went to fire at them but realised I had no darts left. Thinking quickly, I grabbed one of the guys i shot and used him as a shield so all the bullets hit him instead. I threw punches and kicks, taking each man out without a weapon before picking up two of their guns in either hand.

I ran down the stairs and towards the door, dodging and firing darts at the guards who charged after me. Not seeing someone stood in front of me, I felt a pain course through my chest as I noticed a dart sticking out of my abdomen. I cussed before shooting him back in the heart. Clutching my stomach, I ran towards the door and unlocked it with the key.

Running out the door, I entered a room full of cheers and hoots. I was in the main hall where everyone was watching everything go down. Clearly at the end, I dropped my weapon and fell to my knees out of breath, holding my stomach.

I felt two strong arms encase me tightly. "You okay amore? You did it. You passed. I'm so proud!"

Leo kissed the top of my head as I slowly looked up at him breathless. "Damn that shit really does hurt." Was all I managed to say in between breaths as he laughed at me before helping me up.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, give it up for Monroe Winter. The new addition to the family!"

Everyone cheered and clapped, making me smile widely. "Now, amore. You need to pick a specialty. We all have fields we work in. Some in tech, medical, field. You can pick."

I stood thinking for a few minutes before I remembered something Leo told me in Hawaii...

"I want you fighting by my side. You make me stronger. You give me something to fight for."

His words were enough to make my mind up.

"I want to be in combat. I want to fight with you. You told me I make you a stronger fighter. And you do the same for me. So I want to fight by your side."