11.

Monroe's P.O.V

It was the night of the ball and I was feeling so much anxiety. Yes, I'd been training with Leo, but only for a few days. I didn't feel prepared to be in this situation.

So I was now pacing around my room. I'd just curled my hair and applied some makeup but I couldn't bring myself to put on my dress, so I was pacing round in my dressing gown.

Too deep in my thoughts, I didn't hear the door open until his voice filled the room. "Amore, were leaving in ten minutes."

That only filled me with more anxiety as I turned to face him. "I'm not ready for this. I know I'll do something to mess it up and that could only make things worse for everyone, Leo."

His now sad eyes looked at me as he approached. "Listen, I'll be by your side the whole night to make sure everything runs smoothly. If I feel like somethings wrong, I'll get you out of there. I promise."

His words instantly calmed me as I nodded at him, only now taking in his appearance. And can I say how hot this man is! He wore a deep navy suit with a black dress shirt underneath. His hair was slicked back perfectly, showing every inch of his chiselled face. He chuckled, breaking my thoughts. "Get ready, amore. You can check me out more in the car."

I rolled my eyes playfully at him as I picked up my dress. "Don't worry, I was planning on it." This earned a smirk from him as I pulled on my dress. It was the same shade of navy as his jacket. The form fitting dress cascaded down to my ankles with a slit going up my leg. The neckline was straight, the sleeves on my forearms leaving my shoulders on display.

I lifted up my hair and turned my back to Leo. "Can you zip me up please?"

I heard him shuffle over to me, his warm hands landing on my shoulders. He planted soft, open mouthed kisses on the back of my neck down to my shoulders as he slowly pulled the zip up on my dress. He then used his free hand so caress up my arm as his kisses landed in the crook of my neck - my weak spot.

A moan instantly slipped from my lips as his hands wrapped around my waist, pulling my back firmly into his chest as he leaned into my ear and whispered, "Amore, you're making me want to keep you here all night when you moan under my touch."

I simply sighed, leaning my head back into his chest as he nibbles my earlobe sensually. "But I'll save that for later.."

And with that, his hold released on me as he walked over to the cabinet and picked up two identical black laced masks. "Here, put this on." And he handed it to me as we both tied them on.

Holding out his hand he smiled at me as I placed mine in his. "Don't leave my side." He whispered down to me as we walked down the grand white staircase to be greeted by a large group of people. Most of them wore black combat clothes as they conversed between themselves. My eyes then landed on a pool of navy. Kat and Noah stood with each other as Lorenzo and two other people I'd not actually seen in the house before stood with their backs to me. They were two men, one looking older than the other.

By the time we'd gotten halfway down the staircase, everyone went silent as the all turned to face us. I'd made me feel slightly uncomfortable but I just assumed they were greeted their boss.

When we got to the bottom, Leo nodded at them as they all returned to their conversations as he led me over to the side where the others stood. "You look hot, Monroe!" Kat exclaimed making me smile. "I agree, Damn Monroe!" Lorenzo whistled making me giggle at Leo's reaction. He shot daggers in Enzo's direction at his comment making him laugh at Leo too.

"Let me introduce you to Carlos." Leo spoke as he tightened his grip on me as the younger man turned to face me. He looked really similar to Leo. "He's my cousin from Italy. He's the best when it comes to interrogation." Leo stated as Carlos took my hand, placing a kiss on my knuckles. "Nice to finally meet you, bambino." He stated with the strongest Italian accent I'd heard yet. "You too." I spoke back softly as a deep voice spoke from behind me.

"You've grown, Principessa.."

My heart instantly dropped when I heard the familiar voice. Turning round slowly, my eyes landed on him.

On Giovanni Valentino.

I instantly ran to him, hugging him tightly which was reciprocated by his arms encasing my small body into his own. "You look so much like your mother." He spoke with a shaky voice as I felt a warm droplet land on my shoulder. He was crying. I didn't realise I was either until my voice cracked with my words. "You left me. You left me alone.."

He instantly hugged me tighter. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. But I'll not leave you again." He cooed, rubbing the small of my back.

Giovanni Valentino. Leo's father. He always acted like mine though. Ever since my mother died, he made it his mission to ensure I was always happy. He came to all events a father would. Hell, he was more of a father to me than my own. Him leaving too all those years ago tipped me over the edge as, not only did I lose my love, I lost my family.

Gio pulled back from me and smiled down at me. "Come, Principessa. Let's go find out what that bastard wants with you." And he left, filing into a limo with Kat, Noah, Lorenzo and Carlos. Leaving me stood with Leo inside still.

I watched as he bend down in front of me like he was going to tie his lace until his hands reached out to the leg that was on show due to the slit in my dress. I felt something cold tighten around it just out of sight. That's when I felt him slip a gun into the holster he'd just strapped onto my leg. As he rose he looked serious. "Just in case." I muttered as he led me into the car.

If he gave me a gun, which I'd only fired twice in my life, then I knew that this was serious.

I knew I should be nervous now.