25.

Monroe's P.O.V

It was the day after officially becoming a member of the mafia and Kat insisted we head out to the club tonight. It was both to celebrate me getting in and also for Halloween she said, seems though it was October 31st today.

I had no idea what I was going to wear, so Kat decided to take me out to the mall today to find a costume. She said she needed one herself but I've seen her closet. It was just an excuse to buy a new outfit if you ask me, but I agreed to go anyway after laughing at her excuses.

"Are you sure you can't stay here with me all day?" Leo pouted playfully as he flopped down onto my bed. I giggled at him as I put on a red play suit which hugged my figure perfectly. "Leo, you do remember the thing called a job, right? It's what you still have. You can't hide up here with me, you're in charge and we are still in a war with Hans remember?"

Leo threw a pillow at me playfully before sighing. "I guess you're right. Just make sure to take a gun with you. Like you say, we're still in a war so be safe amore." He said as he planted a soft kiss on my lips before walking away. I threw on a black leather jacket to hide my gun before slipping on my heels and running downstairs to be greeted by Kat.

"Hurry your ass up, Winter!" She laughed as we both headed out to the garage and got into her car, speeding off to the mall.

"I'm not wearing that!" I hissed at her as she held up a white bunny costume. "I'm not about to turn up looking like some sort of whore, Kat!"

Kat put the costume down as we carried on looking. That's when I was interrupted by her girlish squeal. Kat is one of the most badass, tough women I know but today she's acting like a child in a candy store which forced me to hold back my laughter. She held up two outfits and I immediately smiled at her, nodding my head.

These were perfect!

We paid and we're walking out the mall when we passed a tattoo shop. I immediately stopped and looked at some intricate designs on display in the window. "You wanna get one?" Kat asked as I tilted my head to the side. "Yeah. Just don't know what I'd get."

Kat looked at the board for a moment before pointing to a design. "Do you trust me?" She asked casually, making me feel slightly uneasy. "Uhh, Yeah."

She grabbed my hand and dragged me into the tattoo store before asking one of the workers to borrow a pen and paper.

Oh shitttt..

She drew for a while before handing it back to the artist who smiled when seeing it. "Sir your ass in the chair. You're getting what I just drew, no arguments."

Trusting her, I sat in the chair and moved one strap of my playsuit, wanting the tattoo written on the collarbone above my heart.

The tattooist spend about half an hour inking my skin in a design I'd not yet seen. Finally, he placed the needle down and handed me a mirror.

My eyes instantly filled with tears as I looked at what she had done. It was Roman numerals, dating the day my mother died. Underneath it was an Italian phrase I'd remembered...

il mio fiore

My flower.

That's what my mother used to always call me. No matter how old I was, she always reverted back to that nickname no matter how much I used to fight her about it. But what I wouldn't give to have her call me it one more time.

I got up and hugged Kat, a tear rolling down my face. "Thank you. I love it."

Kats grip only tightened as I muttered those words, both of us standing there for a few minutes.

I headed back up to my room when we got home with the bag that had my costume in. I opened the door, a peculiar feeling forming in my stomach as I closed the door behind me. I wasn't alone in here.

I pulled out my gun from my jacket and held it up. Slowly, I made my way round my room and closet, leaving only the bathroom left unchecked. Kicking the door open, I saw a tall figure stood by the sink dressed head to toe in black. The figure rapidly turned to me and I instantly dropped my gun onto the floor.

"What the fuck, Leo!? You scared the shit out of me!"

He chuckled, turning to face me as his eyes wandered down to my collar which was wrapped up still from getting the tattoo. "Are you hurt?" He asked but I just laughed, peeling the cover off my tattoo. "No. Just decided to get a tattoo. Kat made it."

He stood and looked intensely at it before his eyes softened, a sad smile forming on his face. "It's beautiful. I love it, amore."

His lips planted a brief kiss on mine, yet still full of love and emotion. "But we're leaving in half an hour. Just thought you'd want to know."

My eyes widened as I ushered him out my room. "Go then! Too much work to do and I want it to be a surprise!"

Slamming the door shut on him, i ran and started on my hair, curling the entire thing. I applied some makeup with a deep red lipstick as I ran to my bed where my costume laid. Smirking, I slipped into it and put on my shoes before standing in front of the mirror.

"Damn, Monroe." I smirked, nodding in satisfaction as Kat came and met me at my door. "You ready to make our men swoon, hun?"

I nodded at her before walking down arm in arm with her.

Hey guys, quick authors note here.
This chapter will continue to the next one, including an image of Kat and Monroe's costumes in the start.
Hope you're enjoying this story so far!
Feel free to leave comments and I'll make sure I read them all.