28.

Monroe's P.O.V

"Well we need to do something." I stated as I sat down on the chair next to Kat's hospital bed, looking between Leo, Kat, Noah and the Eastwood triplets. "People are getting hurt because of me." Leo leaned against the wall and sighed as Talia stepped forward. "Macie gave us information before we lost contact. She found a letter with an address on it. The location is about a 24 hour drive from here, but she believed this was where James and Thomas would be hiding out. I can send it through to you guys if you want to take a look."

I nodded and looked at Leo who was nodding too. "Looks like we're taking a road trip." He said nonchalantly as Kat sat up from the bed. "Noah and I are coming too." Instantly I shook my head at her. "Nope. You're staying here." But she just laughed and got out of the bed. "I've been shot before. I'm not letting a bullet stop me from coming with you guys so don't even bother trying to stop me."

I looked over at Leo who was now smirking at me, clearly amused by the situation. "Well then I'll pack some of my things up.." I said as I rose from the chair but Leo pushed me back down gently. "Hell no. Do you really think I'm going to let you come?!"

Rolling my eyes, I shoved his hands off my shoulders and stood up again, glaring at him. "Im coming. After all, it is me they're trying to kill and no one can tell me why. Plus I'm sure I can handle myself otherwise you wouldn't have let me join the mafia. So you're going to let me come or.." I contemplated for a second before a smirk creeped on my face. "Or I'm not going to touch you for a week. No kisses, nothing."

Leo's brows furrowed at me before stepping aside so I can pass. "We leave in thirty." He sighed, defeated as everyone laughed. He was so cute when he pouted like a child.

I rushed to my room and packed up everything I needed just in time. My bedroom door flew open right as I was wrestling with my suitcase, trying to zip it up. Leo just leaned against the doorframe, eyeing me up and down as I stood there in short and a red laced bodysuit.

He whistled lowly, making me scowl at him. "Dont just stand there, Valentino! Get your ass over here and help me!" He simply chuckled lowly as he lifted me up and sat me on top of the suitcase, pulling the zip around. Flashing me a smug smile, I crossed my arms at how easy he made that look. "Was that really so hard, amore?"

I hopped off the case as flipped him off as I walked out, earning a laugh from him. "I was shot in my arm, so I'm blaming that!" I retorted, heaving my bag out my room with me. Before I made it any further down the hallway, Leo took my bag from me and placed a loving kiss on my lips. "You're adorable."

We both walked down hand in hand as we approached the car where Kat was fighting with Noah. "I swear to god Noah Valentino, if you don't get the fuck out of my face right now I'm not having sex with you for three damn months!!" Kat yelled, shoving Noah as he walked over to Leo and I.

He ran his hands through his hair and sighed. "Dude, what the fuck did you do?" I asked him and he shook his head slightly, walking inside the house silently. My eyes diverted to Kat who was leaning against the car, clutching the side of her stomach as sadness flooded her face.

Instantly, I ran over to her and placed my hand son her shoulders gently. "Kat, what's going on?" She looked up at me and forced a smile, straightening up her posture. "Nothing. You guys ready to go?" She questioned as Leo placed his hand on my shoulder, telling me to leave him with her for a moment. I hesitated for a moment before walking away, hoping he can make her talk. After all, he has known her longer than I have.

I sat on the steps outside the front door, watching from afar as Leo and Kat talked before Leo pulled her into an embrace as she cried on his shoulder. Curious, I stood up as Kat walked off into the gardens leaving an angry Leo leaning against the car.

I walked over to him with my arms crossed. "What the hell just happened?!" I snapped as Noah cams walking out asking where Kat went. Leo stormed over to Noah and grabbed his collar. "You're my brother but I swear I'm about to beat the shit out of you. Tell me it isn't true!! Tell me you didn't kiss Talia fucking Eastwood!!!" Leo boomed, his grip tightening on Noah's collar.

I stood there in shock at the revelation. Noah kissed one of the triplets in the same house his fiancé lives?? This can't be true. I stood there and waited for him to deny it...but he didn't.

"It wasn't like that, I swear.." Noah sighed, clearly defeated. Leo's hands fell from Noah's collar as Kat came back over to the car, getting in the backseat and slamming the door. Leo walked back to the car and got into the drivers seat. "I think you should drive in a different car." He stated to Noah as we both got into the car.

Speeding out of the driveway, I heard Kat sniffling in the back. Without turning to look at her, I placed my hand on her leg for a second or two just so she didn't feel so alone right now.

This isn't what we needed right now. Heading out on a mission with this drama and lack of trust? Something tells me this won't be as smooth as we planned.