17.

Leo's P.O.V

Silence.

We drove all the way to the strip in silence. Monroe just sat staring out the window for the entire ride, deep in thought. When the car came to a stop next to the plane, I turned the engine off and turned to face her.

"You sure you want to come?"

She turned her head to me and nodded. "Trust me, I've got a lot to say to him. It's been nine years and he's not made a single effort to talk to me, his only sibling. And now he's another reason I have a target on my ass? That only makes me more mad at him." She spoke rambling on.

I placed my hand on her thigh and rubbed it. "I understand. And trust me, I'll land a good right hook on your behalf, amore." Making her laugh at me, we both got out the car and boarded the jet. The dark navy interior accented with white made Monroe whistle. "Damn, Valentino. This shit's nice."

I laughed at her and sat down. "Only the best for you, amore."

The journey was quite long, giving us time to talk, laugh, and get some rest. Well, I say us but she was the only one who fell asleep. I spent that time admiring how beautiful she looked as well as making plans for when we landed.

We have now landed in London, sir.

The pilot spoke on the intercom, making Monroe stir from her slumber and rub her eyes. "We're here?" Her groggy voice spoke, sounding so hot as it escaped her lips. I only nodded at her, too deep in thought of how effortlessly hot she looked. Even after sleeping for hours she still was able to take the breath from anyone.

We arrived outside a large building at about 10:30am due to the time difference. I intertwined my fingers with hers as she straightened the navy dress she was wearing. It was a tight dress which sat mid thigh on her, accentuating every flawless curve. "Ready, amore?" And she nodded, walking through the grand doors into the lobby of the office complex.

Stopping at the front desk, the receptionists eyes were glued to her computer screen as she spoke to us, boredom laced her voice. "Welcome to JW. How can I help you?"

I cleared my throat, making her eyes trail up to us both, immediately straightening up. "I'm so sorry, sir. I didn't mean to come across as uninterested in you. What can I do for you?" She spoke with a strong British accent as she flicked her hair.

Was that supposed to be hot?

I felt Monroe's head land on my shoulder as she sent daggers at the receptionist who was flirting with me. Biting the inside of my mouth to contain my laughter, Monroe spoke for me. "We're here to see Mr Winter." Jealousy present in her voice as she spoke, making me chuckle lowly. "Now." I added on the end of that as the woman rolled her eyes.

"Mr Winter's office is on the top floor."

We both went to the elevator and pressed the button for floor 20. As soon as the doors closed, I trapped Monroe's body against the wall between my eyes. I looked down at her who stood there, biting her lip. "Jealousy is a sexy colour on you, amore. It's not my fault women find me so attractive."

I watched as she rolled her eyes before placing her hands on my chest and pat it lightly. "It's not my fault that I'm just too irresistible that those other women don't capture your attention, amore." And she slid out my grasp, leaving me slightly shocked.

Joining her and draping my arm round her shoulders I whispered "Touché" as the doors slid open, making her giggle quietly.

This woman. I couldn't disagree. Everything she said was true. No one compared to Monroe Winter.

We stopped at his secretary's desk as she looked up at us. "Names please?"

Monroe looked at me doubtfully, clearly not wanting James to know she was here yet.

"Valentino. I'm sure he's expecting my visit sooner or later."

The woman's eyes widened a bit, clearly recognising his name from somewhere as she stood slowly. "Uh..Mr Valentino. Mr Winter was anticipating a visit from you. Please, go ahead."

I walked in first, James looking at me and rolling his eyes. He stood from his desk and perched on the corner. "Leo Valentino. It's been a while. What brings the new Italian Mafia leader to London at such short notice?"

I chuckled at him as he acted so confident, knowing that would change in seconds. "I have a few questions for you. And so does she.." I stated as I stepped to the side as Monroe walked into the office. James' face dropped, now displaying shock as he stared at his sister.

"Long time, no see Brother."