20.

Leo's P.O.V

I announced in today's meeting that Monroe was officially becoming a member of our mafia. Honestly I couldn't be happier knowing she was going to be staying, I've gotten so used to her being around this past month that I couldn't imagine her going back.

They were all happy she was staying although I did hear a few people making comments about how she only got in because of me. But I ensured them all she would have to go through initiation just like the rest of them which earned me a confused glance from Monroe.

Before anyone joined the mafia, they had to go through a simulation kind of thing. The initiate gets taken to a site not too far from the house where they will be in battle with people. It's all set up to look like a warehouse so it's more realistic. Of course we don't use actual guns, there are still darts which simulate the pain of a bullet wound for a few minutes.

The rest of the mafia watch along live as there are cameras everywhere. They make it out the warehouse without forfeiting, they're in. But we test intelligence, agility, combat, pretty much anything they need to survive on mission.

By putting her through initiation, it will show the others just how deserving she is to be here. And I have no doubt she will pass.

Because I'll train her myself.

It was 4:30am the next day and I snuck into her room to see her sleeping so peacefully. Just a shame I'd have to ruin how beautiful she was looking right now. I slammed her bedroom door shut, making her jolt upright aiming a gun at my head.

That is exactly what I mean. There's no doubt she'll pass. The girl sleeps with a gun under her pillow for fucks sake!

I laughed hard at her as she threw the gun down on the bed, glaring at. "Get your ass out of bed. Training starts in five minutes. If you're not ready and in the gym by the end of those five minutes, I'm doubling the five miles well run later."

I heard her muttering cuss words under her breath as she went to her closet to change whilst I walked down to the gym to wait for her. She came plodding in with thirty seconds to spare, looking livid. "I fucking hate you, Valentino.."

I laughed at her once again, throwing bandages at her earning a confused glance. "Wrap your hands. We're starting with combat and I don't want you busting a knuckle before the morning has even started."

She wrapped her hands up before heading over to me, looking too damn hot right now. She wore a black sports bra and matching booty shorts, her hair in a messy bun on top of her head. "Stop checking me out, Valentino. That's not going to help me pass initiation." She said sarcastically as she threw her jacket to the other side of the room.

"Fine then. Hit me."

She cocked one eyebrow at me. "You want me to hit you?" She questioned making me roll my eyes at her. "I did just tell you to. Now hit me!"

I watched as she raised her fists and threw one at my face. Effortlessly, I caught it and twisted it behind her back, making her huff in annoyance. "Oh come on amore, you need to try harder than that." I released her from my grip as she stood in a fighting stance again.

I stood waiting for her fist to fly at me but she caught me off guard by what she did next. Her leg flew up and collided with the side of my ribs, knocking my balance slightly as her dust flew forward and collided with my face. She took a step back and laughed. "Dude, you are a Mafia leader and you got beaten by a girl with no training? Tsk tsk."

I smirked at her. "You wanna play dirty? Fine. Come at me, Monroe."

She flew a fist at me and I dodged it. Again, she went to hit me and I dodged it. She flew her fist with so much force, but I kicked my leg out and swiped hers from under her before she could hit me, causing her to fall on her ass.

Her face shrivelled up in pain as she rubbed her ribcage. Fuck. I was too hard on her. She still has broken ribs.

Walking over to her I held out my hand to help her up, remorse flooding my body. "I'm so sorry. I forgot you were hurt. Here.."

She raised her hand slowly and placed it in mine before pulling my body down onto the floor, she straddled my chest holding my arms down. "Nice try, Valentino. But two can play that game." She winked at me and chuckled, making me roll my eyes. "That was low, amore. Real low." I smirked at her before bucking my hips forward, flinging her body off mine and onto the floor next to me. In one swift motion, I straddled her like she was doing to me, holding her limbs down. "Two can play that game." I mocked her, making her burst out laughing.

"You just wanted an excuse to get on top of me, Valentino. Don't lie to me."

I leaned down and brushed my lips against hers. "Touché" I added before pulling her up so we both stood in the room again. Wrapping my arms round her waist, I looked at her seriously now. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

I smiled genuinely at her comment. "Go on a date with me. Tonight."

Her eyes lit up as she placed a delicate kiss on my lips. "Okay.." she spoke in a barely audible whisper.