14.

Monroe's P.O.V

"It's not funny!" I yelled at him as I sat on the bed pouting. I watched as Leo wiped the tears from is face as he came over to me. "I'm sorry, amore. It's just that you looked so adorable. I couldn't help but laugh at you." He spoke through his laughs as she stroked my cheek. "I have broken ribs. You should help me put my bra on instead of laughing at a struggling girl in pain." I whined jokingly making him calm down his laughter.

He chucked me his jumper he was wearing, revealing his perfectly toned abs. "Put this on instead. Then you won't have to worry about a bra."

I slipped my batteries body into his jumper, instantly relaxing as his scent engulfed me as my eyes admired all his tattoos, landing on something written in Italian over his heart. "Whats that?" I asked, pointing to it as his eyes lit up. "I might tell you one day. But for now, amore, get that cute ass up. I'm bored of looking at these hospital walls for a week now." He huffed as he helped me stand up.

I winced as pain shot through my chest, making Leo hold my arms a little tighter to steady me. "Are you okay?" Panic laced his voice but I just nodded. I lied. I've been in the worst pain imaginable for the last week now. But I didn't want him to worry about me. After that night when he sobbed in my arms, I wanted to shield him from my pain.

So I just nodded every time he asked because I knew the pain would even be present in my voice. He'd be able to tell as soon as anything left my mouth.

He looked at me for a few seconds longer to try and hunt for the lie that I was covering up before he softened slightly. "Okay then. Let's get you back to the house." He smiled genuinely at me as we went back to the house.

Walking into the main house, I diverted straight to the kitchen. "Where are you going amore? You need to be resting." Leo trailed behind me as I scoffed at his comment. "I haven't eaten any decent food in a week. So don't you try and stop me from eating Valentino or I'll chop of your dick with a butter knife."

I turned to face him to see his eyes roaming my body. He whistled lowly as he strode over to me. "I love when you talk dirty to me, amore." He said sarcastically, pointing to a chair. "Sit. I'll make you some food."

I rolled my eyes smiling at him as I sat down. I watched him cook in a comfortable silence, my thoughts trailing off to the night of the ball. Without thinking about it, I opened my mouth and voiced my thoughts. "What have you done with him?"

Leo dropped the spatula he was using to make the pancakes and turned off the hob, slowly turning to me. "Hes downstairs."

I gasped unintentionally at his blunt response. "Hes here!?" Leo just nodded at me. "We kept him alive to try and get some answers. Carlos has been with him all week. He's the best at torturing answers out of people. But.."

I looked at him with an eyebrow cocked. "But what, Leo?" He brought over the pancakes and sat next to me. "He said he'll only talk to you."

I took a bite of my pancake, not saying anything for a minute or two. "Well fuck." Was all I said after the painfully long silence.

"You don't have to. We'll find another wa-"

"I'll make the bastard talk." I said bluntly as I took another bite, acting as if this wasn't a big deal. I knew Leo was giving me the same concerned look he's been offering me all week. But I didn't care. A few bruises, broken ribs and stitches wasn't going to stop me finding out why he did it. Why he tried to kill me.

It was an hour later and I'd just had a shower. It's been too long since I've been in this thing! Drying off, I heard a faint voice coming from my room.

"I'm worried about her. She seems so emotionless when she talks about him now..."

He paused for a while, presumably listen to the response of whoever was on the other end of the phone.

"I don't know, Kat. She's weak right now and I don't want him to break her even more!"

I honestly couldn't listen to this anymore. I hated people thinking I was weak. Even if I was in agonising pain right now, I don't want to be someone who needs to be babysat.

I opened the door and walked out wrapped in my towel, making Leo hang up the phone abruptly. I headed straight into my closet, not talking to him about it as I looked for an outfit.

Pulling out my outfit, I looked at it satisfied. It was a short, form fitting black play suit with a navy leather jacket and some combat boots.

I headed out to see Leo's eyes scanning my body, full of lust. "Can't we just stay here, amore? I don't think I could keep my hands off you for long."

I rolled my eyes at him as I tied my hair in a bun. "I'm on bed rest, remember? Your orders." Making him laugh. "I'm the Capo. I make the rules and I can break them."

I smiled at him briefly before turning serious again. "Maybe later. We have to pay my father a visit."

I opened one of the drawers and pulled out the gun Leo gave me that night and tucked it into my jacket. His eyes widened at the sight of me gearing up but I ignored him and started walking down to the basement.

I lost the first time. God knows it won't be the same this time. So I'm going into this prepared.

I wasn't leaving without the answers I want.