15.

Leo's P.O.V

We entered the room Thomas was being held and his laugh immediately filled the air. "You look like death, Monroe." He joked, making me clench my fists in anger. But Monroe didn't even flinch at his comment. Instead, she walked up to him and crouched down in front of him. "Trust me, you'll look worse if I don't get my answers."

He laughed even louder and glared her in the eyes. "Like you would be capable of hurting me; your own father."

She didn't say anything or do anything for about thirty seconds, silence filling the room. That was until I noticed her hand had snaked to her back where she put the gun. She whipped it out in a second and shot him in the leg, making him scream out in pain. "Don't underestimate me, Thomas."

He looked taken aback by her comment and her actions which only made me smirk. She looked down at the gun before glancing back up to him. "Let me make it simple for you. Leo asks a question. You answer him truthfully. If you don't, I'll shoot you again. Got that?"

She turned to look at me and I took this as my cue to begin. "Why did you kill her that night? Was it an order from Hans?"

Thomas chuckled and looked at me. "I'll admit, Hans told me to kill Monroe. But it wasn't supposed to be that night. But I did it anyway."

Monroe's jaw clenched as she stood up in front of him and walked over to me. Her hand reached down to my thigh where I kept a knife and pulled it out, smiling at me sweetly. "Thanks."

I couldn't help but get turned on by her right now. I know, bad timing right? But can you blame me? I've never seen this side to her and I'm finding it way too damn hot.

She walked back over to a smug looking Thomas and did something that made my stomach turn. And I've seen a lot of gruesome sights in my times.

She raised the blade and slammed it down, slicing off one of his fingers with ease. His screams of agony rung out as he yelled at her. "What the fuck!? I gave you my honest answer you bitch!!"

She leaned down so her face was in front of his and spoke with pure venom in her voice. "Just payback for killing me." She raised the blade and sliced another off. "And that was for hurting Leo!"

I whistled lowly at the sight of her being so dominant. "Damn, baby. I could get used to this." My comment made her giggle. At this exact moment in time, I could imagine her fighting by my side in this business. Although it's selfish of me to ask her to stay, nothing would make me happier.

We spent two hours interrogating Thomas together and got a lot of information about Hans and the German Mafia and their plans in this war. Afterwards, I phoned our medic to keep him alive whilst we both went back upstairs.

Opening the door back into the main lobby, Kat, Noah, Carlos and Lorenzo looked at me before their eyes landed on Monroe. She had some dry blood on her hands as she looked emotionless. Monroe ignored all the glances as she walked up to her room, leaving us all downstairs.

"What the fuck, Leo! Did you take her down there?" Kat yelled at me before I rolled my eyes. "It was her choice, Kat. And she handled it really well. I honestly think she'd make a perfect fit some day. I couldn't stop her from wanting to go down there either."

They all looked doubtful before Carlos spoke up. "I was thinking the same thing, I can't lie. But maybe don't talk about that with her just yet. It's been a lot for her to digest these past few weeks."

I nodded at them before heading upstairs to check on Monroe. I was about to open the door to her room when I heard sniffling from the other side of the door. Peering through a crack in the door, I saw her in front of a mirror wearing only her bra.

I watched as her fingers traced over the bruises as her face scrunched up, tears staining her face. My heart physically ached watching this, so I pushed the door open. Startled, she quickly wiped her tears and smiled at me. "Hey, I was just coming back down." Her voice cracked slightly as my face dropped.

I slowly walked over to her and pulled her into a hug, not saying anything. "Talk to me. And don't lie to me. Why were you crying, amore?"

And with that she started crying into my arms. "I tried to hide it, I really did. I don't want people to worry or treat me like I'm going to break." She kept rambling as I pulled away, looking at her seriously. "What are you hiding?"

She clutched her chest as her tears fell faster. "It hurts so bad. I can't move without everything hurting Leo. And I'm even more hurt that it was him who did this to me!" She yelled. "My own FATHER killed me...I was dead Leo. I was dead."

I pulled her back into my chest as we sat down on the edge of her bed. "Listen, I'll go and get the doctor. He'll check you again and give you something for the pain. And as for Thomas. I promise you, amore, that he will pay for this. By the time we're done with him, he'll be begging for forgiveness."

She clutched my shirt tighter and muttered four words that tore my heart right from my chest.

"I want my mom.."

After all the nights I spent holding her whilst she grieved for her mother, never once did I hear her mutter those words. I couldn't reply to that. Nothing I would've said could bring her mom back. Trust me, I know exactly how she feels. If I got a dollar for every time I'd wanted my mom since she died, I'd be the richest man alive.

So I just held her. That's all I could give her. I wasn't her mom but I loved her just as much..