13.

Leo's P.O.V

My eyes slowly opened as a pain radiated instantly at the back of my head.

That bastard knocked me out!

Wait..what about Monroe!?

At that thought, my eyes darted open when I saw a sight that broke my heart. Thomas had her handing over the balcony by her neck as she was trying to fight him off. I realised I couldn't shoot him or she'd fall back. As I lifted myself to my feet still dizzy, I saw her hands fall from his body limply as her eyes closed.

No. No this can't happen. Not to her.

I ran over and pulled them both backwards, her lifeless body fell to the floor as a shocked Thomas stood in front of me. I grabbed the chair that was sat beside me and swung it round his head, immediately knocking him out.

Still feeling out of it from my own injury, I dropped to my knees beside Monroe to see that she wasn't breathing.

She wasn't breathing.

My hands immediately balled up as I started pumping her chest. "Wake the fuck up! I'm sorry I couldn't help you. Just please wake up and I'll make it up to you!!" I yelled as tears started to flood down my face.

The doors to the balcony busted open as my father came running over with Noah and Kat. Kat screamed at the sight of Monroe dead in front of us as my father knelt by my side. "Son, let me do that."

I ignored my father as I pumped her chest harder. "Wake up Monroe!! I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry!! Just WAKE UP!" I screamed, now sobbing, as I flung my hands down onto her chest with such force. Her body shot upwards as she gasped for air.

I fell backwards, tears flooding my face as I sat there staring at the ground. My father immediately wrapped his arms round her to stop her from falling backwards as Noah phoned someone, barking orders for them to prepare the car.

But me? I just sat there.

I sat there and watched as she cried into my fathers chest, telling him how she thought she was going to die. I sat there and watched as he gave her comfort. I just sat there.

All of this was my fault. If I was more alert, I wouldn't have been knocked out. I would've been there to stop this from happening.

It was my fault.

My father picked her weak body up bridal style in his arms as blood and bruises decorated he skin. He kept yelling something at me but I didn't hear any of it. All I felt was Noah and Kat pick me up off the floor as blood kept falling down my head as we walked back into the main hall.

The music stopped and everyone went silent when we entered. Although everything was blurry to me, I could still tell Charles was running towards us. "What happened!?" He yelled. Not being able to form the words to say what happened, i spoke groggily. "He's on the balcony. I want the bastard alive and in my basement!"

And with that, my own vision went black as my knees gave way from underneath me. That blow to the head must've been harder than I thought.

I woke up to the sound of beeping. Fluttering my eyes open, I noticed I was in the medical wing of the estate. A place I'd been too many times to count now. Adrenaline instantly pumped through my body as I shot up, pulling out all the needles and cables attached to my body.

Kat instantly ran to my side. "Take it easy, brother. You took a nasty hit.."

"I need to see Monroe!" I growled at her as I got off the bed and barged to the door, my head still banging. Kats hand on my shoulder stopped me as she muttered. "Just prepare yourself. She's pretty beat. It's not pretty..."

My heart broke at Kats words as i now ran to Monroe's room. Swinging open the door, I saw her laid in the bed with Noah and Lorenzo by her side. She was covered head to toe in bruises and stitches. She looked broken.

Tears welled in my eyes once again as I tried to fight them back. The guys noticed I was there and left the room after saying goodbye to Roe.

I just stood in front of her bed, looking at her body.

"You gonna stand there and check me out all day?" She said trying to lighten the mood but pain laced every word she spoke. That was enough for the tears to fight their way to freedom as I watched her face sadden at the sight of me breaking down in front of her.

I walked over to the chair next to her bed and sat, clutching her hand like a desperate little kid. "I'm so so sorry! It's all my fault. That bastard killed you. I thought I wouldn't be able to do anything." I rambled through my tears without looking at her. "It's just like that dream. I told you I'd be the reason you were hurt. It's all my fault! I should've never dragged you into this shit! For fucks sake!!" I yelled as my head fell onto her bed, next to her fragile body.

Her fingers ran through my hair as I heard her sniffling too. "Hey, it's okay. It's not your fault Leo. No one could've done anything. And I'm still here, aren't I?" She cooed as she tried to calm me down but I was just so broken by this point.

Raising my head I looked into her drowning eyes. "I thought I'd never get the chance to make up for leaving you. And now I realised how I don't ever want to let you go again. Ever. So don't leave me. Please stay with me.." I practically begged her as she nodded her head, wiping away my tears. "I'm not leaving Leo. I promise." Was all she could manage to say before pulling me down into a deep hug, one which we both needed.

If this taught me anything, it's to never take her for granted again. Because the love I have for this woman is beyond anything else. And there's no way I could find someone who I loved more than Monroe Winter.