3

Anna's POV

"Hi I'm looking for the English National team meeting room." I say.

I'm making the rounds at each national team's hotel and England are one of the last teams. At each hotel I've just talked to the coaches and seen if everything was up to their standards and if they needed anything. I would do that here, but I want to see my friends.

"Down that hall 2nd conference room on your left." The hotel concierge says.

"Thank you."

Surely she should have asked me for ID or something?

I make the walk down to the conference room and once there I knock on the door.

"Yes...oh hey Anna." Phil Neville says and lets me into the room.

"Hey Phil."

"ANNA." Lucy yells and runs over.

"Hey Lucy." I say and hug her.

"How was the flight Anna?" Steph asks and hugs me.

"Fine."

"So what brings you here?"

"Just came to see if everything is up to standards and if you girls need anything."

"I think we're all good." Phil says and everyone nods.

"So does everyone know how this tournament works?" I ask.

"Maybe." Rachel says.

"Basically it's like the old World Cup. 4 groups of 4 teams and the top two teams from each group advance into the quarter finals and then it's a knock out tournament from there."

"Simple enough." Fran says.

"Yep."

"Well Anna the coaching staff and I are gonna go prep so feel free to hang with the girls if you want." Phil says.

"Sounds good."

"So...." Toni says and waits till the coaches leave. "Who do you think's the most attractive?"

"Not telling you." I say with a smirk.

"You're no fun." Toni says with a pout.

"Are you hitting on Anna?" Kaz asks.

"No. I just wanna know."

"I'm so confused." Georgia says.

"Basically yesterday I asked which jersey to wear and Lucy suggested I wear the jersey of the person I found most attractive and Toni was one of the jersey's I had with me."

"What other one's did you have?" Demi asks.

"The ones I could find were Greenwood, Daly, Bright, Duggan, and Taylor."

"So how was the flight?" Steph asks swiftly moving the conversation on.

"Got a lot of stuff done so it was nice."

"What were you working on?" Lucy asks.

"Making sure this tournament runs smoothly and picked out the place I'm going to work this year."

"Where are you going?"

"Basically the five most dangerous places." I say making my two best friends sigh.

"Anna..." Lucy says.

"Luce it's my life."

"We know that." Steph says. "But you can't blame us for wanting you to be somewhere more safe."

"I know, but I'm always safe. Nothing bad will ever happen to me."

"Never know." Lucy mumbles.

"Anyways." I say. "How's everything here for you ladies?"

"Good." Millie says.

"Are you guys hanging out here the rest of the day?"

"No we're about to head out to walk around the area."

"That'll be fun." I say.

"Wanna come with?" Jodie asks.

"Sure." I say then grab my stuff.

The rest of the girls grab their things then we walk out of the hotel and start walking down the street. As we're walking around people start splitting up into smaller groups. I end up with Steph, Lucy, Keira, Millie, and Rachel.

"So how's the girlfriend Rachel?" I ask.

"She's good." Rachel says and smiles.

"She coming to any games?"

"Yeah she's coming to most of them. She's watching her sister too."

"She's gonna be very busy." I say and Rachel nods.

"Hey Anna?" Keira says.

"Yes?"

"What exactly do you do for the HALO Trust?"

"Well do you know what the HALO Trust does?" I ask.

"Yeah they remove the debris left behind by war."

"Right." I say as the five ladies listen in. "Our main objective is to remove the landmines and remove munitions which is where I come in. I am in charge of removing the landmines. I help train the locals who work with us then work with them in removing the landmine."

"That sounds very dangerous." Millie says.

"I've done it 5 thousand times so it's like riding a bike now."

"That still sounds dangerous."

"I'm alive aren't I?"

The five girls nod then we head into a store to look around. After I've sufficiently looked around and found fuck all that I like I walk over to the baby section and look over the selection of onesies.

"Got something you want to tell us?" Lucy asks making me jump.

"Jesus Lucy." I say and hold my heart. "You scared the crap out of me."

"Still didn't answer the question." Steph says.

"How would I get pregnant?" I ask and raise an eyebrow at the two women.

"So why are you looking at baby onesies?"

"I want to get my niece and nephews somethings while I'm here and I already got Archie a stuffed animal, but I want to get him some clothes."

"Okay. What did you find?" Lucy asks.

I hold up the two onesies I found. One says 'HANDLE WITH CARE, My Aunt Is Crazy & I'm Not Afraid To Tell On You!!!' The second one says 'I'M CUTE. MOM'S CUTE. DAD GOT LUCKY.'

"Cute." Keira says.

Everyone pays for what they want then we continue on our way. The 6 of us find an ice cream place then head in to get out of the heat and order some ice cream to cool down.

"Where are you headed after this?" Steph asks as we enjoy the cold treat.

"The American Team Hotel."