8

Anna's POV

"Look at you supporting your future girlfriend." I say when I see my friend wearing a Tobin Heath jersey.

The two of us are going to the USA's final group game against Nigeria.

"Your doing the same thing." My friend says.

"True." I say and adjust my red Christen Press jersey.

"You ready?"

I nod then the two of us leave my friends house and head to the stadium. During the twenty minute drive to the stadium I give my friend the low dow on Tobin and what she's like.

I got most of my info from the American team.

"She knows I have kids right?"

"Yeah." I say. "She's perfectly fine with that."

"Cool."

Finally we arrive at the stadium so we park then head up to our box. Once in the box we get our food then head out to the seats where we talk and eat until the game starts.

"So how did you manage to get me a date?" My friend asks.

"Well I was asking Tobin if the rumors that she and Christen are dating were true and she said they weren't. I then asked if she had her eye on anyone and she asked if I had any cute friends and well here we are."

"Aww you think I'm cute." My friend teases.

"Oh shut up and watch the game." I say making us both laugh a little.

The two of us watch the game, which turns out to be very entertaining. The US wins 7-0 with Alex scoring two, Pinoe scoring two, and Carli, Christen, and Tobin scoring one each. Both of us were very happy when our respective girls scored.

When the game ends the two of us head down to the tunnel and I head toward the Nigeria locker room. Once in the Nigerian locker room I greet the captain Desire Oparanozie and hand her the folder with all of her teams checks. After that's done I leave and rejoin my friend in the tunnel then a couple minutes later Tobin and Christen emerge from the locker room and greet us.

"Well Tobin this is Gal Gadot...Gal this is Tobin." I say.

"Hello" Gal says and puts out her hand to shake.

"It's lovely to meet you." Tobin says then grabs Gal's hand and kisses it.

Gal blushes and Christen and I look at each other and smirk.

"Well we're going to go change then we'll meet you two at our hotel."

"Sounds good." Christen says then she hugs me.

Gal and I leave the stadium and make the 30 minute drive to her house. Once at the house I go to the guest room to shower and change while Gal does the same thing, but in her bedroom. After we're both clean and sweet smelling we change into our nice clothes then get back in my car and drive to the US team hotel.

When we arrive at the hotel I park close to the door then Gal and I head into the lobby and wait for our dates on a couch. A few minutes later Tobin and Christen step out of the elevator so Gal and I get off the couch.

"You two have fun on your date." Gal says then hugs me.

"Tell me how it goes." I whisper in her ear.

"I will." Gal says as our dates approach.

"You ready?" I ask and hold my hand out to Christen.

Christen smiles at me then intertwines our hands. Next I lead my favorite American to the car then I open her door for her and when she's safely in I shut the door and go around to my side. As I'm getting in the car I look around and see Gal getting into a car with Tobin. Both of them see me causing them to both smile at me and wave, a gesture that I reciprocate.

After they leave the parking lot I get in the car and I'm immediately pulled into a kiss.

"Well hello to you too." I say when air becomes an issue.

"Told you you'd look good in my jersey." Christen says with a smirk.

"I don't know." I say as I pull out of the hotel parking lot "I think I look better with out it."

"Tease." Christen mumbles.

Christen then grabs my free hand and places it in her lap.

"So how do you know Gal Gadot?" The brunette asks.

"We met at a United Nations thing where we were trying to raise awareness for UN Sustainable Development Goal No. 5." I answer.

"And what is that...thing."

"The goal of UN Sustainable Development Goal No. 5 is to achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls by 2030."

"Oh. Cool."

"Yep." I say as we pull up to a restaurant.

I drive around back and park in a private area the owner has then Christen and I head into the restaurant to have dinner.

When we get into the restaurant we are seated in a private area then we look over the menu and tell the waitress our order. Sometime later our food arrives so my date and I dig in to our food and talk about any and everything.

"So what do you do when you go to these different countries?"

"I uh supervise the removal of land mines and if needed I can remove them as well."

"Wait so you know how to deactivate a bomb."

"I do." I say and eat some of my food.

"Why?" Christen asks.

"Well we use locals to remove the landmines so I have to teach people how to do it."

"Why do you work for them?"

Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry.

"Oh I'm sorry." Christen says and squeezes my hand. "I didn't mean to make you cry."

"It-It's okay." I say and sniffle a bit. "Um have you ever seen those photos of my Mum when she was walking through the minefield in Angola?"

"Yeah."

"Well I was on that trip as well. Mum just barred photos of me being taken so nobody remembers I was there."

"Oh." Christen says.

"Well on that trip we met with people who had survived stepping on a landmine and it really stuck with me." I say and take a drink of water. "So after I graduated University I was asked what I wanted to do and I immediately choose the HALO Trust because I wanted to be able to actually solve the problem so nobody had to ever go through what those people in Angola went through."

"I wish more people were like you." Christen says with a smile.

The rest of our dinner is spent talking about more lighthearted things and when we both finish eating I pay for the meal then we head to the car. I then head back to Christen's hotel and park when we get there. After I park I walk my date up to her room.

"Christen can I ask you something?" I ask while leaning against the wall next to her room.

"Of course."

"How do you feel about long distance?"

"If I really like someone I don't mind it."

"So if we were to start dating would you be okay with the distance?"

"Ask me and find out." Christen says.

"Christen will you be my girlfriend?"