39

Anna's POV

"You two ready?" Someone asks.

Like my brothers did when they announced they're engagement, Christen and I are doing an interview that will be broadcast around the world. We actually have to do it rather quickly because Christen she and the team play Denmark behind closed doors ahead of the Euro 2021 competition, which is in England. While my forward is at training I will be doing a press conference so the monarchy doesn't seemed biased.

Oh joy.

"We are." I say as I rub my thumb over Christen's knuckles.

"Alright we're live in 5...4...3...2...1..." A director says.

The interviewer introduces himself to the camera then he looks at us.

"We're here with the newly engaged couple." The interviewer says and I smile. "How are each of you feeling?"

"Complete." I say and smile at my fiancée.

"Elated." Christen says.

"We can see the ring on your finger Christen...what was your reaction to the ring?"

"I think it's absolutely beautiful and knowing the background of the ring makes it even more special." My fiancée says.

"With your brother's incorporating jewelry from Princess Diana, Did you go down the same route Anna?"

"I did." I say then Christen squeezes my hand. "My mother gave me this ring on my 11th birthday and told me to give it to the woman I love."

"Oh wow. Did you tell her you were gay?"

"I didn't actually. When she gave me the ring she told me that she already knew I was gay."

"That must've been quite a birthday."

"Yeah... it was the last time I spoke to my Mum."

The interviewer gulps and the room gets quiet for a couple seconds.

"You've recently announced your decision to renounce your claim to the throne. Why is that?"

"The Queen gave me an ultimatum."

"Oh."

"Yeah. She told me I had to break up with Christen or renounce my claim and well I guess we can see what I chose."

"That must have been a tough decision."

"Not really. I would always choose love over power." I admit.

"When did you know Christen was the one?" The interviewer asks.

"The first time I went away with the HALO Trust after we started dating." I say. "I was in a remote location doing my work and I had a great day. We saved some lives and I really wanted to tell Christen about my day, but we had no cell service and I got very sad because the one person I wanted to talk to I couldn't."

Christen and I answer a few more questions then the interview wraps up so we unclip our mic's and I walk Christen towards the car that's going to take her to her hotel.

"So your game is till five right?" I question

"Yeah." Christen says. "Then we're all gonna head over to the apartment for dinner."

"Sounds good." I say as we get to the car.

Christen kisses me then she gets in the car and heads to where her team is. Once the car is out of sight I head to the press room and stand in front of the multitude of .