30

Anna's POV

"Hey Anna."

"Hey Dawn."

"So Christen tells me you can walk now?" Dawn questions.

"Only in water." I say. "My legs aren't strong enough to support the me when I walk...Christen can explain more about why that is."

"Alright." Dawn says and writes some things down on a notepad. "Well if you want we can do some leg workouts while the girls do their workouts so we can speed up this rehab."

"That sounds good." I say. "Three months of not being able to walk sucks."

"I bet." Dawn says as Christen walks up to us.

"Ready to go?" Christen asks and I nod.

My girlfriend wheels me out of the hotel and helps me into the rental then she puts the wheel chair in the back and gets in the car.

"I hate this." I mumble as Christen follows the bus to the gym they're using.

"I know you do Baba." Christen says and rubs her thumb over my knuckles.

"I just want to be able to walk."

"I know Anna...You know your legs are getting stronger and I bet by the end of the camp Dawn will have them strong enough for you to walk."

"God I hope so." I say as we pull up to the gym.

Christen parks in the closest spot to the door before she gets out and helps me into the wheel chair then I roll myself into the gym. A minute later Christen and the rest of the US national team come into the gym and Dawn gives them their instructions then they split up. Once everyone splits up Dawn and I head over to the leg area then Dawn gives me some workouts to do.

I do Dawn's workout for what feels like hours and by the time I'm done my legs are on fire.

"Were about to leave so you can stop when you want." Dawn says.

"Okay." I say then my fellow country woman walks away so I finish my set.

After I finish my set I grab my wheelchair then slide into it and drink some water. I then wheel over to Christen and wait for her to finish.

"Hey Anna." Christen says and pecks my lips.

"Hey...What are you guys doing after this?" I question.

"Since this gym session was really light we are having another training session."

"Glad I'm not on the team." I say. "I can't feel my legs."

"Are you okay?" Christen worryingly asks.

"Yes My Love." I say with a smile. "I just haven't worked them out in a really long time."

"Good." Christen says and starts pushing me. "We need to go."

Christen pushes me out to the car and I pull my self into the car as Christen puts the wheel chair away and gets in the car then we follow the bus. We follow the bus to the training ground then we get out and head onto the pitch.

"Have fun." I say.

"I will." Christen says and pecks my lips.

"I miss Gal...and the kids" Tobin mumbles as she walks by causing me and Christen to laugh.

Christen joins her teammates on the field so I get out my phone and text some people.

Me: So how is it living with Tobin