9

Anna's POV

Running a tournament with only the help of three other people sucks.

Freya, Beth, and Leah are at the England v Netherlands quarter final game. I decided to let them go so they could have some time with their husbands who flew out to see them. Right now I'm watching the game on tv while writing checks for the three teams that've already lost.

"Dammit Toni. What kinda pass was that?" I say out loud after Toni misplays an easy pass.

Suddenly my phone vibrates so I pick it up and see I got a text

Christen💚: You're in room 1432?

Me: Yeah?

I wait a few minutes, but Christen never texts back so I go to text her again, but there is a knock on my door which is odd. I cautiously creep over to the door then I look through the peep hole and see a group of 4 or 5 women so I open the door.

"So that's why you texted me." I say.

"Yep." Christen says and hands me food and a drink. "Can you take a break from work?"

"For you I can."

"Aww." Ali says.

"Come in and take a seat." I say and move out of the way.

Christen, Tobin, Ali, Alex, and Ash all come into the suite then I close the door and walk into the living room and sit down. I then set the food down on the table in front of me as all the Americans take a seat around the room. I then lean over and peck my girlfriend's lips.

"Thank you." I say.

"Of course...So what are you doing?" Christen asks.

"Writing checks for the French, Swedish and German teams."

"How many checks?"

"Checks for 69 people."

"I still can't believe you're giving us part of the profit." Tobin says which reminds me off something.

"I knew there was something I needed to tell you." I say.

"What?" Ash asks.

"So yesterday we had a meeting with the HALO Trust and they told us they wanted to take less of the profit and give the players more money."

"And what does that mean?" Ash asks.

"Your teams final position determines how much money you receive."

"Oh."

"How often are you going to have this tournament?" Christen asks.

"Well I want this to replace the old World Cup so probably every four years."

"Are you going to help the men?" Tobin asks.

"If the confederations ask nicely I will." I answer.

Christen goes to say something, but noise from the tv pulls all of our attention away from the screen.

"About time someone score." I say after Ellen White puts England ahead 1-0 in the 50th minute. "So do you guys have the day off or?"

"We had training earlier this morning because Jill wanted to beat the weather then they gave us the rest of the day off." Ash says.

"Cool...are you guys ready to play Denmark?" I ask then eat some food.

"We are." Tobin says.

"Think you'll win?"