5

Anna's POV

"We're here Ms. Anna." James, my appointed driver, says.

"Thank you James." I say.

Leah, Beth, Freya, and I get out of the car and head into the Rose Bowl stadium.

Today is the opening match of the HALO Cup and the match up is USA v China.

The four of us take out our field passes then head towards the field. Once we emerge onto the field I put on my sunglasses then the four of us watch China warm up for a while.

"So how was your date?" Freya asks.

"It went great." I say and smile a bit. "We're going on another date later tonight."

"Oooh." Beth says. "Already a second date. You go girl."

The four of us leave the Chinese side of the field and walk towards the Americans. As the Americans are warming up Christen looks in my general direction and eventually her eyes land on me. Christen smiles at me then she waves. I smile back and subtly wave.

"Who you waving at?" I hear Alex Morgan asks.

"Just a cute fan." Christen says while looking at me.

Aww. She thinks I'm cute.

"Anna we need to leave." Simon, one of my plain clothes body guards, says.

I hate the fact that I am required, by Buckingham Palace, to have body guards. When I was told after I graduated from University that I was to have full time body guards my first words were FUCK NO. I then told the palace that, as a female royal, I had already learned 3 types of martial arts to protect myself.

I have a comprehensive understanding of Krav Maga, Muay Thai Kickboxing, and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Mum started me in each of these so I could always protect myself and I trained in each of these since I was three.

"Alright." I say then me and the other three girls head up to our box.

Once in our box I quickly shut the door so only the four of us are in the box and the body guards are outside the box.

"You aren't needed." I say through the door. "Enjoy your holiday."

I compromised with Buckingham Palace and said I'll take body guards, but they must stay back 100 feet and if I tell them they aren't needed then they have to go home. Before we left to come to America I told my body guards to bring their families so they could have a free holiday.

"Why won't the palace just stop forcing you to have bodyguards?" Beth asks.

"No clue." I say as the four of us grab food and drinks.

Once we have everything the four of us go to our seats right outside the private box. We get to our seats right as the national anthems start so we stand and wait for both anthems to finish then we sit in our seats and start eating.

"So." Leah says after eating a chicken wing. "Which US player did you go on a date with?"

"What?" I ask and look at the three ladies.

"It's pretty simple." Freya says. "You said you were going on a date with an American then when we were watching the US warm up you blushed a lot.

"Number 23." I mumble.

"What was that?" Leah asks with a smirk.

"I went on a date with number 23." I say, but not too loud so people around us don't hear.

"Damn." Freya says as she looks at her phone. "She's pretty."

"She's beautiful." I say as the US kicks off.