4

August 2, 2015

Hot tears go down Perrie’s cheeks as she walks into the house she used to call home. She has not been here for only ten days, yet so much has changed. The house is messy - there are clothes on the living room couch, large shirts Perrie used to wear herself when Zayn was on tour and she missed him. Bills lie on the dining table and the Xbox is connected to the TV. These all indicate the presence of Zayn, how he just keeps on living his life in this house as if nothing happened. Perrie is glad he is not here right now to watch her pack her stuff, because seeing him would cause her great pain.

After getting back from Sweden, the girls all went to visit their families. For three of them it was a choice, but Perrie had no other place to go. Today is probably the last time she is ever going to be in the house she used to share with Zayn. Spending time with her family in South Shields was necessary for Perrie, as she finally told them about the break up. She wanted to see Jade so bad, after how close they have become recently, and have a chat with her the way you cannot have with a mother, but unfortunately that did not work out. Jade went to her dad's house, which is not in South Shields, and was busy most of the time with her nephew.

Zayn texted Perrie yesterday, saying that he is working tomorrow and she could come take her stuff in the morning. Debbie is here as well, helping her daughter in the uneasy task. She notices Perrie’s tears, but does not try to comfort her as she knows there is no way for Perrie to remain apathetic in the current situation. Debbie goes upstairs and begins packing her daughter's clothes into boxes, hoping to be done as soon as possible. Meanwhile, Perrie stays downstairs, reuniting with the pets she had missed.

A few minutes later, she picks Hatchi up and carries him while she wanders around the first floor of the house. She walks into the guest room and then the kitchen, reminiscing. Soon finds herself in the living room again, sitting on the couch, next to the dirty shirts, and thinks. Debbie is going up and down the stairs every few minutes, carrying boxes from the house to the car as Perrie watches. When Debbie is upstairs once again, the sound of a key entering a lock is heard, and the front door is opened.

Just like that, everything comes back to Perrie. How she used to hug him when he finally came home after tour, how he would play songs for her. It is all gone now.

"I'm sorry, I thought you'd be done by now," Zayn says, looking at Perrie. She does her best to look anywhere else, but eventually finds her eyes on him as well. "So this is really the end," Zayn says after a short silence. "Feels weird."

"I know," Perrie replies, trying her best not to cry again. It is a very odd situation for them, as Zayn is standing far, not sitting next to Perrie the way he would usually do.

"It feels empty not having you here," Zayn states. Just a few days ago, these words were all Perrie wanted to hear, but now, they fill her with anger.

"Well, you didn't think of that when you texted me during what was supposed to be one of the best nights of my life, did you?" Perrie slams, then stands up. She hopes her mother will be done soon, because every part of her body is telling her to leave.

"I-" Zayn begins but is cut off by his ex fiancée.

"Never mind. I moved on. I hope you will too." She says, starting to realize the meaning of these words only after they were spoken.

"What do you mean you moved on?" Zayn asks, clearly surprised. Perrie also senses a bit of hurt in his voice. "Are you seeing anyone?"

"None of your business," she replies. She already regrets bringing Jade up, even if it is indirectly. What she had with Zayn is so different from whatever that was with Jade - comparing these two would be both unfair and impossible.