31

February 9, 2016

It is early in the morning as Perrie walks into the dressing room. Jade, Jesy and Leigh-Anne are already busy getting ready for their interview on Good Morning Britain. For both Jade and Perrie, yesterday, the filming of the Hair music video, was still somewhat confusing. They knew they could be together now, but neither of them had the courage to actually act upon it. They were not close, but they were not avoiding each other either, which put them in a neutral, yet somewhat odd, place. Perrie, however, has decided to change that today. 

She knows that she is the last one to arrive, and that she should let Adam and Aaron work their magic on her, though she cannot hold herself back from approaching Jade as she sees her. Aaron and Adam have just finished with Jade, and are setting up their equipment to treat Perrie. While they do so, Jade can see Perrie through the mirror. They are both smiling, and Perrie surprises Jade by putting her arms around her and hugging her from behind. She buries her face in Jade's shoulder before looking back up and looking right into Jade's brown eyes through the mirror. 

"Hi baba," Perrie quietly says. She is aware of the fact that people from their team are watching, and that Jesy and Leigh-Anne are probably looking at them too; but since Jade has Jed now, none of this matters. No one would suspect that Jade, of all people, is cheating on her boyfriend.

"Hey," Jade replies with a shy smile. She was anticipating the moment when the barriers between them would break, but she did not imagine it would happen this soon, nor that way. 

"I wanted to ask you if you want to go grab something to eat tonight, after rehearsal," Perrie proposes. "Just the two of us," she adds. 

"Yeah," Jade hesitantly answers. "I'd like that a lot." She feels bad, because she knows that this could potentially hurt Jed a lot. He is already suspecting just a little bit, asking about Perrie too much for Jade's liking, although she knows she is probably just overthinking his attempt to be involved in her life. However, Jade does not feel bad for making plans with Perrie. She had said that she would choose her over anyone else, and she stands behind these words. That is truly how she feels, and she does not see a way that could ever change. 

"I'll see you tonight, then," Perrie sweetly tells Jade before she lets go of her and walks over to the makeup chair. The interview starts about thirty minutes later, and the four women find themselves getting more and more delirious by the moment, due to lack of sleep. 

"... We have like, a world tour this year," Perrie says. "We're going everywhere. We've got the UK and Ireland, then we've got Australia, and we're going everywhere!"

"Why on this tour you won't be behaving?" One of the interviewer asks Perrie. 

"I know!" Jesy immediately answers. "She came up to me the other day and went, 'I'm going to be naughty on this tour," she continues, referring to Perrie. The surprise, and even cautious hope, is clearly visible on Jade's face. 

"No no no! You could take that the wrong way," Perrie is quick to clarify. "I mean, like, on the last tour, I just got in my bunk, go to bed, I wouldn't go out, I wouldn't party or anything. But now I'm like… yeah," she playfully explains. 

"You let your hair down, don't you?" Jade adds.

"Single Geordies along together! Single Geordies alone together!" Leigh-Anne chants as she takes Perrie's left hand and Jade's right one. She has seen the way Jade and Perrie have been acting around each other this morning, and is confident that they are just as close as they used to be, even though neither of them had said anything to Leigh-Anne. 

"I'm not single," Jade quietly interrupts Leigh-Anne as she tries to hold herself back from laughing. It is only then when Leigh-Anne remembers that despite the way Jade and Perrie have been acting, Jade has a boyfriend. They have been together for about a month now, but it is easy for Jade's close friends to forget about that, since she rarely mentions him.