11

A/n: the second part of this chapter follows the events of September 21, 2015. On this day the girls did two interviews, one of them is up here (with Asos), and the other one was with Sugarscape. It is impossible to add more than one video, so just know that the Sugarscape interview is important for the plot as well, even though it is not up here. You can go watch it on YouTube, but it is so iconic I'm sure you know it by heart like I do.
Enjoy!

September 19, 2015

Perrie opens her eyes and stares into the darkness of her bedroom at her mother's house. After spending a few days in Denmark and then returning home, she is no longer jet lagged, yet cannot sleep. She stretches her hand to her nightstand, getting a grip of her phone and a familiar piece of paper. She turns on the flashlight on her phone, then uses it to light the piece of paper - Jade's list which she had promised to look into.

Ever since that day Jade had told her that she wants a relationship, many things have changed. When they were working, Jade acted like her usual self, but it was different as soon as the cameras turned off. Jade became somewhat distant, she would spend the nights in her own hotel room. It feels like old times, before the whole thing started in Sweden, and Perrie does not like it. She feels guilty for being the reason that Jade is upset. Perrie had had six full days off - she went to Disneyland Paris with her cousin Ellie, filmed her first makeup tutorial and is currently at her mother's house - she did so much, but was not able to truly enjoy it. Her thoughts keep wandering to how she hurt Jade, and to the list she is holding in her hands right now. She did not find the right timing to unfold it up until now, and even though they are going back to work in two days and she is running out of time, Perrie still does not feel ready to face whatever is written on this paper. It will make everything real, and she sincerely hopes it was all nothing but a dream.

Perrie takes a deep breath before unfolding the piece of paper and straightening it using her fingers. She finds three full pages of writing, all neat and organized. Perrie smiles lightly at how obviously perfect it is that Jade is the one who of this list. She reads the first two pages, titled PART ONE, rather quickly. It almost feels robotic, as every problem is presented with a solution, all flawlessly written.

Perrie feels like she knows to expect when she turns the page and gets to the next one, which carries the title PART TWO. However, the are very few words in this part, in contrast to the first two pages. Tears fill Perrie’s eyes as she reads Jade's honest fears and tries to answer them with reasonable solutions.

1. I'm terrified of getting hurt, the list says. Perrie is not sure how to respond to this. After thinking for a few moments, she brings the pen in her hand to the paper. I can't promise anything, but I will never do anything to purposely hurt you.

2. I never imagined my future family to be built with one of my bandmates, and it still doesn't feel right... This has no future on the long term. When Perrie is done reading these words, she feels like she should probably fold this paper again and return it to Jade without further reading. It feels private, and she is sure Jade never meant for anyone to read it, though she keeps reading. Perrie could not have worded this better - Jade and her have no real future. She simply writes I know... But we could have fun now♡.

3. When we're going to break up, I don't want to completely lose Perrie, the next line reads. Perrie would have liked to promise that nothing is going to change the fact that they are best friends, but knows that that might not be true. People change in relationships and after breakups, especially towards their ex partner. She does not know how to comfort Jade on this one, so she decides to leave it blank. She sincerely hopes that they will not continue to grow apart after this whole thing is over.