14

September 24, 2015

Perrie watches as Jade leaves the bathroom, obviously holding back tears. This night started out so well, with meeting plenty of interesting people and big names in the industry, the most exciting one being Selena Gomez, but it took a turn for the worse after Perrie said too much. She wonders whether she should go after Jade. The instinctive response would be yes, but Perrie is not sure how it is going to make anything better. She does not have an explanation nor comfort to offer Jade. It is probably better off if they spend the night apart and take some time to calm down before work tomorrow.

Even though Perrie had figured some time apart would be good for Jade and her, she knows that she must talk to Jade today, or at least text her. She takes out her phone and is ready to type, but does not have a clue what to write. After a few moments of staring at the screen, she gives up and decides to postpone this task for later. She turns the screen off and places her phone in her back pocket, then exits the bathroom. After walking around and finding a path through the mass of people, Perrie spots Leigh-Anne sitting at the bar. She takes the seat next to her, hoping that Leigh-Anne did not see anything of what just went on between Jade and her.

"Why did Jade leave already?" Leigh-Anne asks, breaking Perrie’s hope. Perrie lays her elbows on the bar, not minding the liquids on it nor how dirty it is, and buries her head in her hands. She feels like she keeps on hurting Jade over and over again with her lack of investment in this thing they have. She is desperate for change. This painful situation must be stopped soon, before any unfixable damage will be done. "She said she needed to go, and then I asked her why and she just shook her head. Are you two okay?"

"No," Perrie honestly replies. There is no point in lying, Leigh-Anne would see right through that.

"We should get out of here, go somewhere private where we can talk," Leigh-Anne suggests, placing her hand on Perrie’s back. "Okay?"

"Yeah," Perrie says after a short pause. She lifts her head, grabs her purse and stands up. She feels like a mess and is sure she also looks like one. Leigh-Anne does stands up as well, and as they are facing each other, she speaks.

"Babe, you can't go out like this," Leigh-Anne says. "There are paps outside, and if they're going to film you like that we'll be handling lots of dramatic headlines tomorrow. So let me just..." She uses her hands to tidy Perrie’s hair, then makes sure her makeup looks fine. "Now put a smile on your face and we're good to go." Perrie does as she is told and fakes a smile. Leigh-Anne nods in approval, and they head out of the club.

Even with the help of security, navigating through the camera flashes is far from easy

Even with the help of security, navigating through the camera flashes is far from easy. The two women finally get to their cab, but since cameras are pinned to the car windows, it is only once the vehicle begins moving when Perrie drops her smile.

"Address please," The driver says, and Leigh-Anne turns to Perrie.

"Where do you even live now?" She asks, confusion visible on her face. She does not remember being told anything about Perrie moving somewhere after she had to leave the house she shared with her ex-fiancé.