21

November 17, 2015

"My eye itches," Perrie mumbles, half asleep. She changes her position so that she is no longer wrapping Jade in her arms under the covers, but it is no use. She cannot get rid of the uncomfortableness, and her right eye burns and makes her feel uneasy. "Jade," Perrie tries waking her girlfriend up by getting a light grip of her shoulder. "Jade, I can't sleep."

"Shh," Jade replies. She is exhausted from the amount of work that the girls and her have been doing non stop for months now, and definitely will not let anything cut off her time to sleep. She is not sure what time it is, but her alarm has not rang yet. Perrie calls her name again, and when she gets the same response from Jade, she has no choice but to get up. Perrie stands on her feet, and waits a few moments for the dizziness she is experiencing to pass. Once it does, Perrie fumbles her way to the bathroom connected to Jade's bedroom. She is familiar with Jade's flat, but not enough to confidently walk through it in the dark. After knocking her toe on the bed and quietly swearing, Perrie makes it to the bathroom. She turns the light on and studies her face in the mirror above the sink.

"Fuck!" Perrie calls, then immediately regrets the volume of her words and whispers the swear word a couple more times. Her right eye is pink and slightly swollen, and all she can think of is the meeting and all of the interviews she has scheduled for today.

"Pez?" Jade's sleepy voice says. She is standing at the door with her hands on her face, hiding her eyes from the light. "What's going on?" She asks, and Perrie turns to her. There is a moment of silence before she lets out a quiet oh. "I think you have Conjunctivitis."

"What?" Perrie asks with a disapproving expression. Tears are coming down from her right eye, and she wipes them off using her fingers.

"It's also called Pink Eye," Jade explains and steps closer to Perrie. "And I think it's better if you don't touch it," she continues. Jade takes Perrie's hand and slowly guides it off of her face.

"Doctor Jade for the rescue," Perrie jokingly replies. She takes another look in the mirror, and her face falls again.

"Pez, don't worry, it's okay. I think that it's supposed to help your eye if we put something cool on it," Jade calms her and exits the room. She quietly steps into the kitchen, careful not to wake Danielle who is sleeping in her room. Jade opens the one of cabinets and grabs a clean kitchen towel from it. She soaks it in water, then squeezes the excess water out of the towel. She brings the towel back to her bedroom after leaving a trail of small drops on the wooden floor, and finds Perrie on her back laying on the bed. Her eyes are closed, and Jade gently lays the towel on the right side of her face. Perrie giggles as she feels the weight of the cloth on her skin, and a smile spreads on her face.

"You look so cute," Jade says with a grin. She lightly taps with her index finger on the tip of Perrie’s nose and laughs. Jade feels like she has never experienced anything more charming than the sight she is lucky enough to see right now.

"Jade, half off my face is literally covered by a towel," Perrie replies and laughs. The vibration of her body makes the towel fall off to the bed, near Jade's hand, and Jade picks it up and replaces it on Perrie's eye.

"Don't. Move." Jade manages to let these words out while laughing. Both Perrie and her are trying to keep quiet in order to not bother Danielle, and the result is two airy, synchronized laughs.

"I can't," Perrie replies. "Jeez, I probably look ridiculous," she continues.

"You look perfect," Jade tells her and leans in for a kiss on Perrie’s lips.

×××

A few hours later, the four women are sitting next to each other on a beige couch. Perrie chose to keep her sunglasses on for today's meeting and interviews, since there is only so much a wet towel can do. This interview, on Loose Women, has been stressful for Jesy since her future mother in law, Coleen, is one of the interviewers. However, everyone seems to be handling it well. Most of the conversation revolves around Jesy and Jake's engagement, but it is not a proper interview nowadays unless Zayn is somehow mentioned.