12

September 22, 2015

Jade wakes up to the sound of her alarm. She slowly opens her eyes, reaches for her phone on the nightstand, and is only then reminded of yesterday's events. There is a text from Perrie which reads good morning babe. A wide smile spreads on Jade's face as she texts her girlfriend back. Everything changed so much and so quickly since July. They have been through so much, it was so hard - but Jade would not changed a thing. Perrie and her have been spinning in some kind of mad storm, they probably still are, but it was all worth it to get to this current moment.

After staring at Perrie's text and shyly smiling for a decent amount of time, Jade gets out of bed and into the bathroom. She is home, at the flat she shares with Danielle, yet every little thing reminds her of Perrie. The extra toothbrush Jade had brought Perrie that night Zayn and her broke up still lays on top of the sink. Sweaters Perrie had accidentally left after living with Jade for a short period of time are safely tucked in Jade's closet. It feels so nice and so good to have a few of Perrie's stuff just randomly around the house. Jade brushes her teeth, steps into the shower, and this is when worries creep in again. She remembers all of the concerns and fears that come with this relationship. It is not going to be easy, she must remember that.

Since Little Mix are scheduled to perform today at the Apple Music Festival and will be attending a party afterwards, it is clear to Jade that Perrie and her are going to have to tell their bandmates about their relationship soon. Leigh-Anne and Jesy know them well, and trying to hide such information would probably be useless. Jade wonders how her bandmates are going to react. Leigh-Anne knows quite a lot about everything that has been going on, so it will not be a complete shock to her, but Jade is not sure how much Jesy knows.

With these thoughts, Jade steps out of the shower, and after wrapping her body in a towel she wears a white sweater and a pair of black trousers. She goes back into her bedroom, and the sound of an incoming text massage is heard. Jade swiftly grabs her phone, hoping to see a text from Perrie. She unlocks it, and faces a good morning:) from Jed. Disappointed, she shuts her eyes and focuses on breathing. Out of anger, she holds onto her phone so tightly she is afraid it might crack. She silently asks herself whether she should text back, and if so, what is she going to write? Jed and her have not spoken since the beginning of September, when they went on a date in Los Angeles, but they did schedule a second date in January, which Jade completely forgot about. She debates on what would be the appropriate reply to Jed. Is it more of a 'good morning! I bet it's not even morning where you are right now, so thanks:) are we still on for January?' Or maybe it is supposed be 'good morning! If I'm honest with you, I just got into a relationship so anything between us isn't really going to work'.

Jade becomes more nervous with each second that passes. She wants to text back saying that she is seeing someone, but cannot do so. Her relationship should be kept secret, and she cannot just tell people about it, especially people she does not know well and does not trust yet. Jade does not want to lie to Jed, either. He does not deserve a lame excuse as to why she cannot go out with him like she had said. So, she decides to text back positively, but in a rather friendly manner. Good morning! how are you?, she types and sends, then looks at the time only to find out she has spent far too much time wording this text and she really has to go now in order to make it to soundcheck on time.

Jade grabs her small backpack and rushes out of her flat. She gets to the venue just in time, and sees Leigh-Anne and Jesy are already onstage. She greets each of them with a warm hug, then goes to the dressing room to place her stuff. As soon as she opens the door to this room, Jade is faced with a pair of fascinating blue eyes and a bright smile. She melts into Perrie’s arms, then looks around to make sure no one else is in the room and kisses Perrie’s lips.