26

January 8, 2016

"Did you pack everything you need?" Perrie asks Jade. They are sitting on the edge of Jade's bed, with Jade's suitcases on the floor near their feet. Jade will be flying out to Paris with Jed today, and is currently waiting for him to pick her up so they would get to the airport together. 

"I think so," Jade replies with a small, sad smile. She is not too excited to go on a whole weekend with Jed, and can definitely tell Perrie feels the same way about that. 

"There's something that I need to tell you," Perrie quietly says. Today is already stressful enough, so Jade is not sure she wants to hear what Perrie has to say, but listens anyway. "I invited Lucy and Lydia over to my house the other day," Perrie begins, and Jade already finds herself getting slightly angry. She dislikes the twins a lot, and is not too happy about their friendship with Perrie. "We were talking about Christmas, and what we did, and I told them about you and the charity you do on your birthday. I don't know what exactly I was saying but apparently I was very excited and I showed them all of these pictures of you in your costume, running into the sea with little Karl and with Leoni, and… They asked me why am I so excited and I just - I let it slip that you're my girlfriend. It was completely on accident, and they didn't take it too bad, and-"

"You said what?" Jade asks in disbelief, although she knows she has heard Perrie clearly.

"It happened so quickly, and then I completely froze and that's what basically confirmed it. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to reveal anything," Perrie explains. Jade can easily tell how guilty and truly sorry Perrie feels, so she tries to calm herself down because anger will not help, but is unable to do so. There is nothing Jade hates more than not having control of her own life, and right now, she feels like she had lost every possible grip. 

"What are we supposed to do now?" Jade frustratedly asks, her voice now slightly louder. 

"I told them to keep it a secret, so I guess nothing's really different. Lots of people know by now," Perrie answers. 

"Yeah, well, it's not that simple with Lucy and Lydia." Jade argues, although she knows that things between Perrie and her are heating up and it is definitely not the right time for it, since she has to leave soon. 

"Why not?" Perrie asks, a bit irritated. She has never understood why Jade dislikes the twins so much, and finds Jade's feelings toward them to be unreasonable and unjustified. 

"You know I don't like them, Perrie. I hate that they know something so critical about me," Jade firmly replies. "You have to make it clear that they can't speak about this with anyone or make a YouTube video about this or whatever they do. You got to keep them close, and make sure that they don't share any of this." 

"I told them it's a secret. This is as important to me as it is to you, so trust me, you don't need to explain anything to me. And Lucy and Lydia are my friends, so I definitely don't need to try and supervise them, or control them, or anything like that. I trust them, and so should you. How many times have you even met them? Once? Twice, maybe? You don't get to judge who they are. You don't know them, but I do. So I know I fucked up, but you're going to have to trust me on this one," Perrie answers. She can feel herself getting emotional and overwhelmed by this argument, but cannot do anything to stop it.

"Fine," Jade replies, her tone full of anger. This is nothing but okay, but it is all she manages to say. "I fucking hate this day," she mumbles under her breath, although loud enough for Perrie to hear. 

"This is about more than just Lucy and Lydia, isn't it? I hate that we're even fighting before you're leaving for Paris. I know it's my fault, but I hate that Jed is taking you for a whole weekend." Perrie finally says what she has been thinking for so long now. Jade has nothing to say, because she feels the exact same way but does not want to make things worse. She definitely agrees that it is due to Perrie's decisions that she is flying out to Paris with Jed, but is not going to say it out loud. "Maybe you could say that you're sick and-"