25 - 2

December 26, 2015

"What are you reading?" Caitlin asks Perrie as she sits next to her on the couch. They are at their father's house, and Jonnie, Alexander and his wife Joanna are busy watching a Christmas film which is playing on the TV.

"Just texts from last night," Perrie replies and looks at her sister. "I was so drunk - and so were you, by the way! How come you're allowed to drink? You're only sixteen!"

"Yeah, well, dad allows me to drink because he's cool," Caitlin says with a teasing smile and looks over to her father. Alexander replies with a quick nod, and Perrie stares at him as he moves his gaze back to the TV.

"Dad never allowed me to drink when I was your age," she says, then rolls her eyes with a playful smile. After Caitlin is done teasing her and joins the rest of the family on watching the movie, Perrie's eyes return to her phone screen. She vaguely remembers staying up until midnight in order to be the first one to wish Jade happy birthday, but since everyone else in the house already fell asleep by then, she did not call Jade but texted her.

Happy briuthday babe♡♡♡

Haou birthday I mean♡♡

Shit

Pez are you drunk?😂

And thank you <3

Maybe..

🌚

Perrie is not too sure when she had began using what she refers to as the creepy moon emoji, but she does so now, since Jade uses it all the time. She reads the rest of the texts from this morning, then receives a text from her friend Katherine, saying that she is home now and is waiting for Perrie's arrival.

Perrie’s mood instantly brightens. She stand up, then walks over to her room grab her purse and some clothes for tonight, for Jade's birthday party. Katherine and her will be getting ready together, so she does not apply makeup to her face, nor does she spend time on doing her hair.

"I'm leaving, I will be back tomorrow morning," Perrie says as she crosses the living room and hurries towards the front door.

"Wait, Pez," her father calls after her and she turns around to look at him. "We haven't had dinner yet, you can't leave now."

"It's okay, I will just grab something to eat with Katherine," Perrie says as she unlocks the door.

"Come on, it's the holidays! You can go out with your friends in another time," Alexander replies. Perrie knows that he has only good intentions, but cannot help but feel slightly angry. Her father has no idea that Jade is more than just a friend.

Perrie originally arrived at South Shields thinking that she should tell her family about her relationship with Jade, but things have changed. Jade called her a few nights ago, sounding a bit panicked, and told Perrie about how her niece overheard them talking on the phone and Jade had to tell her everything. Jade was not too nervous about it at the time, but Perrie cannot shake the feeling that they are taking things too fast. They have only been together for three months, and there are already above twenty names in the list that Jade had made of people who know. Therefore, Perrie decided to not tell her family during her visit, even though it was very hard.

Every little thing reminded Perrie of Jade. Every tradional Northern dish that was served made Perrie wonder if Jade is eating the same meal right now. Every time she looked at the Christmas tree she wondered if Jade and her will ever get to spend Christmas together. Whenever Coronation Street played on TV, she remembered that night in October in the Steam & Rye, when Jade had too much to drink and ended up playing a drinking game based on the show and laughing as Gail Platt appeared on the screen.