22

November 24, 2015

Perrie's leg is shaking of nervousness as she she seats in the cab on her way to the airport. Her luggage crashes into the walls of the trunk with every turn, and the sound of it only adds to her anxiety. Just this morning, Perrie was excited to go on the week long trip to Japan. However, things took a trun for the worse after she scrolled through social media only to find out that there are rumors about Zayn dating an American model Perrie has never heard of. Perrie has definitely moved on from him; she rarely thinks about him nowadays, but when Zayn does make his way into her thoughts, it is through memories. Luckily, these flashbacks are not connected with any emotion. On these rare occasions, Perrie plays the scenes back in her head, but stays indifferent.

This past relationship feels distant now, but the news of her ex seeing someone new do hurt a bit. Perrie would have liked to be able to completely ignore these rumors, but understands that it is only natural to have a hard time letting go of someone who meant so much to her for so long, and she cannot change that.

Perrie could handle these rumors - it is the text she woke up to this morning from Jesy that made her so stressed. Jesy wrote saying that she is not feeling well, and will not be joining her bandmates on this trip. There were no further details, because this is obviously not the truth as to why Jesy is not coming. Perrie, Jade, Leigh-Anne and most of the people who are a part of Little Mix's team know that Jesy is going through a tough time right now, and it is better if she stays home. Perrie was upset to hear that Jesy will not make it, but she was mostly worried. She tried calling Jesy a couple of times, but her phone is off.

"We're here, Miss," the driver says as the vehicle come to a stop. He exits the car and pulls Perrie's suitcases out of the trunk, and Perrie walks over to accept them. She pays for the ride, but makes no effort to move as he drives off. She knows that fans are probably waiting for her at the airport, and would rather have a quiet moment before she has to take photos with them. With every second that passes, Perrie feels more uncomfortable. She does not want to go on this trip like that, with emotional baggage and without Jesy. She has been standing near the front entrance to the airport for a few minutes now, and decides to finally go in, with hopes of meeting one of her bandmates inside. She drags her suitcases towards the automatic doors but stops when a familiar voice calls her name.

Perrie turns around to find Jade with a genuine smile on her face. She is wearing her green parka coat and casual sunglasses. Her hair is straightened but messy, and she drags a black suitcase behind her. Perrie cannot take her eyes off of Jade as her girlfriend walks towards her. She studies her body a few times, but her gaze is drawn to Jade's smile every time. This grin is enough to silence all of Perrie's worries. Jade embraces Perrie in a warm hug, and after they let go, their eyes meet. No words are needed to be said to express how they feel. It is only a few seconds later when Perrie remembers her worries.

"Did you get a text from Jesy too?" She asks, and can see how the light in Jade's joyous brown eyes dims. It is a silent positive answer. "I'm worried about her, Jade, but I don't know if we can help her now. We can't cancel the trip, but it feels terrible leaving her behind like this."

"Pez, don't worry," Jade says with a soft smile as she lightly strokes Perrie's arm. "I talked to her right when I woke up, and she sounds okay. I mean, she's not okay, but it's not as bad as it was in the past. She just needs some time off to relax a bit and forget about everything. She's going to spend the next few days with her mum, and she turned off her phone so she could disconnect from everything. I promise you that she's fine. All she needs is a little time."

"You said she's with her mum, right? So she's not alone?" Perrie asks, and Jade nods in response.

"We can call Jan anytime we want," Jade assures Perrie and squeezes her hand. The two women walk inside the airport, where they meet up with Leigh-Anne and her boyfriend Jordan. There is an extra plane ticket now that Jesy is not coming, and Leigh-Anne gave it to her boyfriend after making sure it was okay with everyone else. They take pictures with the fans waiting inside and head towards the initial security check.